Servicing Mercedes in Oxford Area

slk200oxford

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK200 Mazda323F
Anyone found a good service garage in Oxford area?
I have a 2004 SLK - my experience with the dealer in North Oxford (Mercedes-Benz of Oxford Langford Lane, Kidlington) so far has been poor.
Took it in for under warranty sorting of rattles in roof mechanism and malfunctioning aircon. They said they fixed the rattles - they didnt (wasted my whole day), they said part ordered from Germany - should take 5 days - 3 weeks later they lost all my details when I finally get to the service person. When you phone to get info from the service person he does not get back to you when they are unavailable (almost always) and are blase that they are so inefficient - very disappointing! Comments?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Give STAR in reading a go,,he is a good man

Ram05

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 - S320
I would second that. Good and very reliable.

Just a week before Ian (Star Motor Services) sorted out my harmonic balancer.

Highway Star

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SLK 230K
I've also used Star on the SLK (and will be doing so on my new W124), was pleased with their work.

I work opposite MB in Kidlington and would still rather go on the 60 mile round trip to Caversham. I'm not aware of a MB indy near Oxford (i've also asked on this site in the past!).

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Thanks for the kind recomendations, as for the 60mile round trip, we do have loan cars or could drop you to town ( which might cost more esp if wife is in tow) :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for the kind recomendations, as for the 60mile round trip, we do have loan cars or could drop you to town ( which might cost more esp if wife is in tow) :)

What can one say,,you help out here and never a bad word said ever about your work, so thank you for that

Highway Star

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SLK 230K

Made use of the 190 loan car when I was there last - was one of the reasons that got me looking for older Merc for myself recently :)

Top Bottom