Shaking when first moving off

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
Hi I am new to this forum having purchased my S500 last month, however I have a slight issue which I hope someone may be able to shed some light on. When first moving off after start up the car shook, only experienced this twice yesterday, both times the car was warm and it only lasted for about 2 seconds and perfectly normal after that. I can only describe this like the handbrake being very tightly applied whilst letting go of the foot brake. I have owned the car for 1 month, it is a 2002 (02) model with 48k on the clock.

Does anyone have any idea's why this occurred? or whether it should be cause for concern? Thanks in advance for your feedback

OP
S

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Only time Ive had this on mine.. S320CDI.. is when reversing and then changing into drive to move forward before the car has fully stopped reversing. like say just that last few seconds of movement.. So I would suspect that you may have a slight problem with your Torque convertor.. Have it checked on a star diagnostic..

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Just to add to my other post, It would do no harm to have someone check your engine mounts just in case....

OP
S

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
Thanks for the advice I'll get it checked as soon as i can. Hopefully its an easy cure, however I'll update this post as I get on.

Top Bottom