Shared model no's

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Hi Guys, I need to ask a simple question regarding part no's again. Hate doing it but just cannot for the life of me to get a wis or epc to install or work. :(
The russion site is as not that accomadating to look round either.
I would like to know or ask if there's a list somewhere, of parts that are common between classes.
i.e. would any of the radiators found in a c-180 (2001 - 2006) share the same part no's found in say a c-200 or a 230 of the same vintage etc.

I've found the few sites that sell MB parts (and list serials) are varying prices somewhat based on demand of a particular mark.

Also some parts apear to be available on one class but not another yet essentially the same. i.i front crossmember c-200 same as c-180 or arnt they?

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
You are right early W124 -E and S shared parts with the previous W123 and w107's.
--W124 face lift end of range share with C class for sure so there must be many more ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There is nowhere that list anything to say what is the same across the range. Chassis components do stay near enough the same, but body components change with face lifts

You mention the rad,, there are 3 versions from start to finish all different on a 180

OP
cleverdicky

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
yeah I know, its a nightmare. I'm sure parts manufacturers would know at least.

Just had a good quote for both water and AC rads but couldnt even tell the company what ones I needed, for my own car. With the VIN. Still dont know.

The new-MB parts site is a joke too. Many items are listed as pt no's only with out even pictures to tell.
Can only realy rely on experience and knowledge of guys like yourself.
I'd like to replace the front cross member / reinforcer with a 2nd hand part, but just impossible to find for a C-180. Lots, well a couple, of c-200's yet cant tell if there the same. Does anyone know?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The ruskie site is near enough for part numbers on a 203 but the later cars use 3 different rads depending on the car spec.

All cross members will be the same, cannot you clean the existing one up and treat it

OP
cleverdicky

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
would have loved to. but it had had a wack and dont want to take the chance. strong as they are, only aluminium. so are the c180s and c200s very similar. may help get some other little bits.
also scrapped all the old parts i new i'd be replaceing. so more dificult now.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Time permitting I can check the EPC tonight

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom