Siemens Air Flow Meter suppliers?

sciroccotune

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I really having issues getting an MAF for my 2001 CLK 200k.

I'm quite sure that it is faulty as the car drives the same (if not better) with it disconnected.

First off I keep being given a Bosch unit (280217114) by my local factors but this is not the correct unit, after looking at the car it seems like i should have a Siemens (a110940148) like the unit currently on the car.

Firstly can any one confirm that the Siemens is the correct part for my car and secondly, also most importantly, can anyone recommend a place i can get one at a decent price? The Bosch unit was £89 but the cheapest i have seen the Siemens is £210!!!

Thanks for your help guys!

Chris.

OP
S

sciroccotune

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome :D

I have indeed sent them an email but not had a reply yet.

Its been very frustrating as the car is not very drivable at the moment, feel sorry for all those with out the charger!

thanks

OP
S

sciroccotune

Reaction score
Important information ahh! That is interesting, anyone speak russian to find out more?

Looks like airmassmeters.com 227.98 so im still looking.

thanks

OP
S

sciroccotune

Reaction score
Well some possible good news.

I phoned Eurocarparts main national sales line and they claim to have a 'replacement' part for £99 with shipping.

I asked a number of times if this was the replacement for the Siemens not the Bosch and have been 'reliably' informed that it is the correct part, i even gave the Siemens part number.

Ill let you guys know if it is correct/any good.

thanks

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
sciroccotune

Why make hard work of this.

All you need do is give your full VIIN to Mercedes dealer parts person and he will give you the definitive correct part and part number.

Always ask for a discount and you will get a discount.

You can do it online at Inchcape or use their phone service that is shown on their web site.

Excellent service from a large Merc dealer that will post the item to you at work or home.

The aftermarket compatibility thing has caused lots of heartache and cost to people.

OP
S

sciroccotune

Reaction score
Hi kth286, Thanks for the advice re a good dealer and that is likely my next stop!

Its not that I'm trying to get an none MB part as such, rather I am after the Bosch or OEM part from which ever supplier but when i go to ECP/GSF/Andrew Page/UniPart the seem to give me a Bosch part that will not fit - it seems to be a common problem with the parts listing.

I'm fingers crossed that I'm being send a Pierburg equivalent to the Siemens part which i have now confirmed the part number with MB.

I really hope this solved my running issues as a 406 over took me on a hill today :neutral:

OP
S

sciroccotune

Reaction score
Just an update for you guys,

Well I finally got the part from ECP. It came to £100 and is made by 'pwm' I have fitted it and have been driving around for a few days now.

Im not sure how impressed i am, the car feels quite flat and im wondering if it is worth just taking back complaining and spending £200 on the Siemens original one?

Has any one got experience of the PWM brand?

Ill check for fault codes tonight.

Thanks

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Hi Chris,

Sorry, I only just noticed your post, so this information may be too late now. Have you tried cleaning your original MAF? This used to be quite a common problem on my old Scorpio as the filament gets coated with burnt on debris over time, and then the engine management system thinks it is getting less air than it is and all sorts of wierd problems can occur. Have a look at the link below for details on how to clean the MAF ona Scorpio - I can't imaging they are much different (apologies for posting a Ford based link ;-)

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cleanmaf.htm

HTH,
Bill

allmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270CDI
While on the subject, for those of you who helped me and remember my previous problem with AMS and oil leak from the camshaft sensor that caused it, can this still be an issue with my new 2004 CLK 270 CDI? Why I am concerned is that under the hood I saw a few tie-wraps securing the bundle of wire going around the engine compartment to the ECU were broken. I only noticed this after I took the car home.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Your car would have been fitted with a Siemens VDO unit 5WK9613Z they were taken over by Continental AG in 2007. HELLA also made an equivalent unit 8ET 009 142-331 with the same MB part no 111 094 01 48

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom