Signals for MPGuino fuel computer non OBDII

O

oldbeaver

Hello to all,

It seems to me that this Forum hasn´t take this subject before. At least, not with success.

There is an open source onboard "computer" that may work with cars previous to 1996, that do not have a OBDII port.

The name of the device is MPGuino, which is a very good application of the Arduino platform, and gives real time fuel consumption, allowing to measure driving habits efficiency, mods impact and such.

These device need only two signals to operate: VSS (speed signal) and fuel injection signal.

In a Mercedes W124 gasoline of 1990 as mine, it is possible to get the VSS signal easily. However, the K-Jetronics or the KE-Jetronics injection system do not produce (apparently) an electric control pulse, but operates mechanicaly. If I am wrong, please correct.

But, there is a pulse signal in these cars, and it is the ignition pulse signal, that governs the spark plugs to produce ignition.

At the same time, injection and ignition run side by side: every time I want injection I will need ignition for the engine to work, isn´t it?

Duration of injection pulses must be backed by similar ignition pulses, as to make combustion to happen.

Then, my idea es to get these ignition pulses from the X11 diagnostic socket, and use them as input for the MPGuino computer, together with the VSS signal from the dashboard.

The voltage value of the signals MPGuino likes must be within the 0-12 V range, which is the case of both of these signals, from what I have learned.

Anyone knows a better place to get these signals?

I hope I can do what I want, then I will share results with the Forum.

Any suggestions, corrections, info?

Regards,

OldBeaver

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom