Silly people making things worse. Youtube

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
That is quite funny. Of all the Faux by fours that went though, they all overtook their bow wave! Some of them would have made it if not trying to cover as much of the air intake with water as possible.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
This is one is the latest and epic! It’s a must watch at the start at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
That lorry (second vehicle on the clip)...

Mind you I was impressed by the pick up reversing through it about a third of the way through

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
That is quite funny. Of all the Faux by fours that went though, they all overtook their bow wave! Some of them would have made it if not trying to cover as much of the air intake with water as possible.
:D I'll use that one myself if you don't mind? :):D

I wonder just how many of those 'Stupid' drivers weren't so stupid as just driving through a body of water blissfully ignorant of the potential consequences? especially when so many of them don't and will never own their cars, all they have to worry about is funding their mortgage and a PCP contract?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was thinking that exact same thing.

If you own your vehicle, then people are more caring about it. When it’s all leased stuff the attitudes becomes, ‘well I’ll give it back and not my problem.’

This is part of the reason why I never touch any car that’s not had long standing owners regardless of age.

colin1689

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 2003 E270 Avantgarde
I was in an armoured tracked vehicle that almost drowned in a big engineer made 'lake' in Bovington back in 2002, that was squeaky bum time for all of us but the driver managed to get us out before we were swamped. Phew. Picture is the type of vehicle it was.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1643578471270.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643578471270.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The guy in the white Isuzu showed some brains I must say.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I was in an armoured tracked vehicle that almost drowned in a big engineer made 'lake' in Bovington back in 2002, that was squeaky bum time for all of us but the driver managed to get us out before we were swamped. Phew. Picture is the type of vehicle it was.
I did the 432 instructors course at Bordon in 1976, we took them sailing in the sea at Bridport with the skirts up.
I bit worrying when the water level is above your eyes!

MichaelB

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor Avantgarde SE (W203) 2007 1796cc petrol
****** hilarious , cheered me right up hahahahaha
Thought it was just me, but the schadenfreude in me found it all very entertaining, a great watch, I don't feel so evil now!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Is it beyond the wit of man (maybe the local authority) to come up with a warning system that is much more visible and perhaps rises or floats up in deeper water.

I certainly don't know of any depth gauge near me to be aware of, so why would visitors?

It's easy to be smug if you know about it but there could be some quite vulnerable people trapped in there.

It appears people have the time to video people's misfortune but not help prevent the problem, a sad indictment of our selfish society.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Is it beyond the wit of man (maybe the local authority) to come up with a warning system that is much more visible and perhaps rises or floats up in deeper water.

I certainly don't know of any depth gauge near me to be aware of, so why would visitors?

It's easy to be smug if you know about it but there could be some quite vulnerable people trapped in there.

It appears people have the time to video people's misfortune but not help prevent the problem, a sad indictment of our selfish society.
The signage around this ford is very very good actually, even the depth gauge is visible upon approach. What is missing is common sense of road users where upon seeing water they just okie through because they have no understanding of how to check and wade through safely.
Worth noting that the local council do put signs out for road closure and diversions when it’s high and flooding,

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The visible gauge is fine if you know what it is for.

Clearly, it's not working by the number of vehicles ending up in trouble.

I certainly couldn't point you to a gauge anywhere near where I go.

I simply don't get how people are amused by these incidents.

If the council closes the road when flooded then why is it still happening?

there doesn't seem to be any barrier they are smashing through.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

It reminds me of when I received a long-distance ear-bashing for putting grit on an icy corner that was claiming a few victims.

I was ruining some cretins entertainment apparently.

Seeing a young girl with blood pouring from her head after her parent's car had skidded at low speed prompted me to do something, not wait to film the next accident.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)

There are road signs saying road closed but people drive round them, and they can’t fully close that road because there is Rufford park car park along it as well as Ollerton golf course. There is only so much they can do.
People are amused at stupidity, why would you plow through potentially deep water before first checking how deep it might be, every ford I’ve come across has a depth gauge at its lowest point that you can see if you take your time and look for it.
The problem here is people just fly through trying to make a really big splash, without considering what they are actually doing

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
There are road signs saying road closed but people drive round them, and they can’t fully close that road because there is Rufford park car park along it as well as Ollerton golf course. There is only so much they can do.
People are amused at stupidity, why would you plow through potentially deep water before first checking how deep it might be, every ford I’ve come across has a depth gauge at its lowest point that you can see if you take your time and look for it.
The problem here is people just fly through trying to make a really big splash, without considering what they are actually doing
Closed it today…:confused:

“A closure of Rufford Ford will come into place today to ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians.

Nottinghamshire County Council has been working closely with Via East Midlands and Nottinghamshire Police to look at measures to improve safety in the area and the closure will remain in place while a longer-term solution is developed.

The closure comes in response to an increase in incidents in the area.

Councillor Neil Clarke MBE, Cabinet Member for Transport and Environment at Nottinghamshire County Council, said: “Road safety remains a high priority for the county council, and it is because of this that we, along with our partners, will be putting this closure in place immediately.

“We know that Rufford Ford has become popular with locals and those from further afield, but we cannot stress enough that dangerous driving in this area cannot continue because it puts the safety of motorists and pedestrians at risk.

“Work with our multi-agency partners has been ongoing for some time to discuss safety measures at Rufford Ford and a feasibility study for traffic calming measures has been carried out.

“There is already a significant amount of road safety signage around the ford which has been in place for some time to keep all road users safe, however due to the increase in incidents at Rufford Ford, we feel that the safest solution is to put a temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) in place while longer-term solutions can be developed further.

“The closure has been put in place with immediate effect and will be in place 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the foreseeable future.”

Inspector Matthew Ward, District Commander for Newark and Sherwood, said: “It is with regret that as a result of consultation between Nottinghamshire Police, Via East Midlands and Nottinghamshire County Council, a closure of Rufford Ford to all vehicle traffic will immediately come into effect on the grounds of safety.

“We appreciate that Rufford Ford is an integral part of the Estate, however increasingly dangerous and irresponsible driving seen at the location which is putting vehicle occupants and viewing public at significant danger.

“This decision has been made to safeguard and prevent harm to both highway users and pedestrians.””

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Well as good old Forest Gump would say..." Stupid is what Stupid Does!"
Here endith the lesson!

What a bunch of Muppets!!

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well if you look at lot more of the videos there are folks deliberately ripping it up back n forth deliberately. I saw one video a few days titled along the lines of the fastest folks through the Ford….

As mentioned all throughout previously, total stupidity.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It was inevitable, but surely it doesn't need the brain of Britain to come up with an effective warning and yes it would have to work with stupid people as that's who most of the clutter on our roads is for.

I wonder if a simple spanning beam or girder bridge would work?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom