simple question

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
im working from memory here as its something ive not taken too much notice of, but im planning to change the fuel pressure valve on the injector pump on my car. the part i have looks different to the part i was supplied, in that the 1 supplied has what looks like a kind of ball bearing arrangement on the area that will be exposed, whereas the one fitted to the pump currently looks (from memory) like an ordinary "banjo" bolt. the simple question is, although im aware it would cause fuel pressure/starting problems (i think we all know ive got less than perfect starting and a misfire for around 30 seconds on initial start after a long stand) would the valve in question be interchangeable for a banjo bolt, or does it just look a little different when its in situ? ive only seen it in passing when ive had the manifold off! and also, i bought the copper washers and theres a rubber seal came with all the parts. does this go at the end of the threads, in the groove between the threads and the shoulder that goes through the banjo on the pipe? pics on the epc werent very clear where it was meant to go

OP
turbopete

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
also, has anyone found a way to change it without removing the inlet manifold? seems like everything ive done with my car has meant removing the inlet manifold!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom