SL 230 - NTG1 - Audio options (Bluetooth, AUX, Ipod, Iphone)

ribious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL / 2007 / 500
Hello All,

I have been scouring the net to find the best solution to incorporating an AUX into my 2007 SL (R230) with NTG1 (Sat nav player in the boot).
I have the Phone connections - but the Bluetooth dongles do not allow the sending of music, only voice data - unless i am incorrect?

I have not found anything recent and as so have created this thread - if the detail is in another thread on this site then please let me know :)

From my hunting I have the found the following options:

Option 1
Denison 500BT - which will give me:
Blutooth,
AUX,
Ipod connections
USB

This will be via the 6 CD changer connection behind the actual head unit
I not to keen on the interface (but you can use the car controls) and the cost almost give me a heart attack = £500 fitted but i get all the options and i am thinking this can only be a good selling point?
Sound quality will be perfect and i will not need to by the MERC dongle for phone calls as a mic is fitted with the Denison (cant use the existing mic).

Has anyone had any expereince with this? any comments would be greatly appricatated :D

Option 2
Belkin TuneBase FM LIVE or Mpow Streambot Y

These are FM transmitters, quality can be good but they do get disrupted due to the congested FM radio Band in London and UK. Only controlled by the plugged in device.
Just plug in, tune and go = £30 - £50

Are these my only options?
I would be happy with just an AUX in but i do not think this is possible or is it!?.

From what i have seen, to upgrade the head unit i would be looking at £2000.

The car can play MP3 cd's however I use Spotify (phone app) and would like to be able to have a stable connection.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
There is also this;

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/mcar_umi.html

There is a phone cradle that will do it too;

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo_mb3.html

However the Viseeo uses bluetooth and FM retransmission so the quality isnt great.

The mCar uses the digital signal from the ipod/iphone. It does what the Dension does but crucially it was developed explicitly for the SL. The Dension uses the analogue output of the device and in the SL there are problems with it. We have seen these things not download phonebook and power off. They are very tempremental about the power supply used. For instance they wont run off the CD changer power lead reliably.

For pure sound quality nothing can touch the mCar. The guys who wrote the mCar software were the original authors of the Dension S/W. The mCar provides a USB port into which you can plug any Apple device or USB (ipod/iphone4/iphone5/iphone6) and it will work. With full track/artist/playlist etc display on the Comand screen. It also does bluetooth audio streaming aswell as fully integrated phone.

To change the Comand unit you are looking at at least £2000 because of the need to deploy a new amp aswell as the new head unit.

There are deals to be had ;)

Last edited:
OP
R

ribious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL / 2007 / 500
Hello Alfie,

Thanks for the speedy and detailed reply.

The viseeo looks very tempting but as you stated it does use the radio band to send the music which is a shame. I will find some reviews :).

I had come across the Mcar but could not find any reviews on them. I will give command a call shortly. As you stated this was developed for the SL so i would be much more inclined to have this fitted over the Denison.

Thanks again :)

OP
R

ribious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL / 2007 / 500

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Alfie - If the car has telephone pre-wiring, but no cradle or BT module fitted, will the mCar work with the existing mic etc for BT telephony, or would I still need a UHI cradle?

Cheers,
Bill

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Alfie - If the car has telephone pre-wiring, but no cradle or BT module fitted, will the mCar work with the existing mic etc for BT telephony, or would I still need a UHI cradle?

Cheers,
Bill

The mCar comes with its own microphone. you do not need anything else, no cradle etc. Sadly you cant use the factory microphones with the mCar.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom