SL 500 Door handle microswitch window not dropping

jfdi

Reaction score
Hi
On a '99 SL500 (W12) I have an intermittant problem with the driver's door window failing to drop the half inch on opening the door. I've had an independent garage take a look and they say it's a faulty microswitch on the door handle. It is somewhat intermittent, occasionally returning to function correctly.

Can anyone point me to any disassembly videos showing how to get to this microswitch?

And does anyone have any opinons on whether the switch is usually fixable, or whether a cheaper alternative might be fitted?

I've been quoted £120 + VAT for the switch and a couple of hours labour.

Thanks in advance
JFDI

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Micro switches can be cleaned by squirting switch cleaner in the the operating plunger, once cleaned they are 99% good.

I have all of the details of doing this job, but my USB stick has gone down and I cant print off till next week.

Would you mind reminding me later say Mon or tues, and I can print off and send to you

OP
J

jfdi

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm - I'm unable to look further until next week, so that would be great.
Rgds
JFDI

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am sending the instructions today.

Do do a re set by closing the window and hold the button for 10 sec while in key 2

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom