SL 55 PSE PUMP

ukhooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320
Hi

An age old problem. My pump has gone and needs to be replaced and wondered if anyone had one that worked that I could buy. A new one is quite expensive. Thanks

OP
U

ukhooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320
WANTED SL 55 PSE PUMP

Forgot to add that I am looking for one in the title

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I had one for sale for 12 months, but sold it last week.

What is wrong with your pump

OP
U

ukhooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320
Agh! well thanks for letting me know. Same old issue, water ingress and keeps blowing fuse even when i dried it out so rather than tinker with the innards am looking to replace it. Might also have an issue with the roof as that does not work, but think it might be related as roof does not open if boot is locked

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It has to know the boot is closed and the load cover must be down for the roof to work. There is no direct connection between the roof and the PSE pump.

It is probably the motor pulling too high current if the fuse keeps blowing rather than anything on the PCB. It might be possible to change the motor over or clean it up

OP
U

ukhooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320
Thanks. I will look into that

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom