SL discounts?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Yes, we are looking forward to the 1st March. Our daughter is invited to Cornwall for the May bank holiday and we'll take the SL over the Alps to Lake Maggiore for a few days.

She will have fun, it is always fun down there.

Your trip sounds lovely

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Oskar and welcome - a bit late but I’ve only just caught up with this thread. Sounds a great car and I look forward to seeing some pictures. 60 is far too young to grow up, I bought my first AMG at 66! Enjoy the skiing.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
HI all,

Am finally relenting and fulfilling my wife's wishes and getting her an SL500....a Grand Edition Premium in Brilliant Blue.....Has anyone on here been near the dealers recently and got an idea of what a good discount is?

Using Carwow as a start point, I have been offered 30% off new after due negotiation.....has anyone done better?

Sadly that might cover the loss as the car is driven out of the dealership, but I doubt it!

Lucky lady.

I purchased mine new in 2017 (SL400 AMG Line, with almost every option - retirement gift from me to me) - I also started with CarWow and got a discount (similar to yours) from my local dealer on a cash deal. I intend keeping mine for a long time and don't care about depreciation particularly, with the good discount.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of collecting and driving a brand new car, to your exact specification, out of the showroom.

Your wife is going to love it. I drove 250 miles down to London on Wednesday and back last night and the journey was a pleasure (except for the 1.5 hours in a traffic jam on the M25 going home).

We try to do two road trips a year in the SL and this year we are planning on driving to the NC500 and the Milau Vaiduct (probably via Spain).

Last edited:
OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl500, RR Vogue, VW Golf, Volv0 940
Sounds fun to me, where are you headed?
Val D’Isere as usual....I’m a creature of traffic. Stuck in a nice long queue as I write this...as usual. Wife driving.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Val D’Isere as usual....I’m a creature of traffic. Stuck in a nice long queue as I write this...as usual. Wife driving.
Doesn’t help that we blindly followed the sat satnav without thinking....it tried to send us the ‘short’ via the Mont Blanc Tunnel and the St Bernard Pass.....which is obviously shut!

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lucky lady.

I purchased mine new in 2017 (SL400 AMG Line, with almost every option - retirement gift from me to me) - I also started with CarWow and got a discount (similar to yours) from my local dealer on a cash deal. I intend keeping mine for a long time and don't care about depreciation particularly, with the good discount.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of collecting and driving a brand new car, to your exact specification, out of the showroom.

Your wife is going to love it. I drove 250 miles down to London on Wednesday and back last night and the journey was a pleasure (except for the 1.5 hours in a traffic jam on the M25 going home).

We try to do two road trips a year in the SL and this year we are planning on driving to the NC500 and the Milau Vaiduct (probably via Spain).

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello!
Stuck in slow traffic but not far from Val D’Isere now.
You’re right, it’s very exciting to pick up a new car.
Been over Foster’s viaduct lots of times...it is spectacular. And what a scenic motorway the A75 is.
You will really enjoy your trip.
My wife and I will be copying it in August in the SL..daughter away again so we’re going to Llafranc on the Costa Brava for a week.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Oskar and welcome - a bit late but I’ve only just caught up with this thread. Sounds a great car and I look forward to seeing some pictures. 60 is far too young to grow up, I bought my first AMG at 66! Enjoy the skiing.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello! Thanks for the welcome...wife driving and fighting her way through the traffic up the mountains.
I got too tired and had to surrenderyou’re right, and I am constantly accused of being childish.
As for cars, in a married couple, often one is reckless and the other cautious. We are both ‘car people’ so it’s hopeless. I’ve only got to show her a pic and she approves..unless it is Italian exotica.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Hello! Thanks for the welcome...wife driving and fighting her way through the traffic up the mountains.
I got too tired and had to surrenderyou’re right, and I am constantly accused of being childish.
As for cars, in a married couple, often one is reckless and the other cautious. We are both ‘car people’ so it’s hopeless. I’ve only got to show her a pic and she approves..unless it is Italian exotica.

Hi Oskar - In case you are not aware, you should be able to click on the "reply" button and then respond to any post immediately after the last
as I have here. Perhaps it is different on your mobile device.........

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
24D356F5-FB2E-4B95-BF12-BF4AFE50ADB2.jpeg

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Awesome Oskar, enjoy the trip!

I am mad for a long euro road trip.

All this talk of France, too.. My dad would to be involved in this as France is absolutely his thing. We are actually supposed to me making a trip to Champage this year too, in the SL of course :D

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Nice, haven't been there for a few years but was in Tignes 4 years ago and popped over, they have a Folie Douce there now for a bit of Apres

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice, haven't been there for a few years but was in Tignes 4 years ago and popped over, they have a Folie Douce there now for a bit of Apres
Folie Douce...well my daughter and her friend went there this afternoon. Complained about being charged E5 for a coke...explained that was only the beginning lol

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Folie Douce...well my daughter and her friend went there this afternoon. Complained about being charged E5 for a coke...explained that was only the beginning lol

Bargain, for there, I bet they were loving the Euro Disco and live acts on the stage though. I have no idea how much a coke costs in a ski resort ;)

Top Bottom