SL fuel tank problem

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Am I missing the relavance of this post?:confused:

Or is it just a blatant Spam ad:rolleyes: From China!!! All Yellowstone posts are the same...just an ad

If so can the Mods please take action as the last thing we want is Spam ads from all over the world

I have raised the alarm Steve

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
I've removed the spam and banned the spammer, but for future reference chaps, please don't QUOTE the spammers spam including their urls because then us Mods have at least two posts to edit to remove the spam.

thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've removed the spam and banned the spammer, but for future reference chaps, please don't QUOTE the spammers spam including their urls because then us Mods have at least two posts to edit to remove the spam.

thanks

I learnt that wih Email addresses :D thanks Niall

OP
S

SL55 AMG

Reaction score
Fantastic that MB rectified your tank problem (SL55 AMG member)
I would appreciate any contacts @ MB also any references i.e.dealer who carried out the work,as this may speed up my own case.

I look forward to your response.

Alan Bennett-Jones
07889 707873
alanbennettj@aol.com

Alan,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have not been online much recently. I noticed you dropped me an email too. I will respond to that rather than ramble on here.

Malcolm's advice is good however, thats exactly how I started. One dealer and then another. When that didnt work, I went to MB directly with a phone call to Cust Services and then followed up with emails.

The key thing is to be persistent, calm and completely dissatisfied with the answer 'NO'. All organisations that deal with complaints will have an escalation path, you just need to get it out of them as it becomes more and more protected the higher you go.

Do not let them close the case, and ask them to confirm via email that the case is still open as you are not satisfied. CS organisations are usually measured on closed cases and will not like this but it does prompt action.

Good luck

david fletcher

New Registration
Reaction score
more problems with mercedes fuel tanks

yet another fed up SL 600 owner baffles in the fuel tank the car has done less than 50,000 miles it is very anoying that MB dont want to sort out this problem ,clearly not fit for purpose and bad build quality i have been quoted £1500 to rectify , will not be buying another Merc in fact will be recieving a delivery of an Aston tommorow , Merc will lose out as more people complain
a good friend of mine who has many Mercs on contract hire will not be renewing with Merc so they have already lost out ,

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
sl600 to an aston. nice for some then!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yet another fed up SL 600 owner baffles in the fuel tank the car has done less than 50,000 miles it is very anoying that MB dont want to sort out this problem ,clearly not fit for purpose and bad build quality i have been quoted £1500 to rectify , will not be buying another Merc in fact will be recieving a delivery of an Aston tommorow , Merc will lose out as more people complain
a good friend of mine who has many Mercs on contract hire will not be renewing with Merc so they have already lost out ,

Well hello and good bye, all in the same post,,the servicing on the Aston will cos 3 times more than on the SL,,the same with parts,, good luck and sorry to see you come and go in this short thread

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Just joined AMOC forum and a from quick look at the posts you would think it was MBOC!

water in the boot,rattles from the roof,serice at dealer v Indie etc:rolleyes:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Just joined AMOC forum and a from quick look at the posts you would think it was MBOC!

water in the boot,rattles from the roof,serice at dealer v Indie etc:rolleyes:

but most of the parts are cheap. just pop down to your local Ford dealership.............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ealtunbay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 MERCEDES-BENZ SL 55 AMG
2003 sl 55 amg gas tank issue

The whole of the rear half of the car has to be gutted to get it out,,I can send you a PDF on it.

My friend is away from home re finding out exactly how he pulled it out, but there is a big hole to work from with the pump removed

Can u send me that PDF i have the same issue i will try to get it out before i go the hard way of replacement

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I can send some details

Welcome to the forum, I need an Email address please

Get Tubed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 R230 SL500
Malcolm
Please send me the pdf as well , if you can . Thanks Doug
[email redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

surreymac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2004
Around £2000 looks like the going rate. As SL55 AMG says it is an absolute liberty that you are left as I have been with a £2k bill for a design flaw.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i would be charging £350 plus VAT for labour, the tank costs around £700.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes this is a disgrace , the extra baffle was badly welded in, on the AMG it a lot more work than on the 500, I friend of mine wound the baffle up and pulled it out through the hole in the top of the tank

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Yes this is a disgrace , the extra baffle was badly welded in, on the AMG it a lot more work than on the 500, I friend of mine wound the baffle up and pulled it out through the hole in the top of the tank

Now I do like that lateral thinking.. Excellent !

seanv

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl55 amg
hi, im new this forum but have been reading since i started looking for an sl55.
bought one a couple of weeks ago and just had it serviced today. they asked me if i'd heard any noised from the rear and to be honest i hadn't. they say that its the loose baffle problem. the car is an 04 and has done 54k. is there any names people can give me to contact at mercedes or any more tips. i don't know if it's worth the hassle or not.

also what problems might occur if i leave it for a while before getting it fixed?

sean.verschoyle@btinternet.com

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom