SL W230 Lock problem

mateesk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL/2004/350
Hi, sorry for my english, I have problem with locking and unlocking my SL, when I turn off engine and go out I can lock and unlock about 10 times in few second without problem, but after that key stop work, no unlock no lock - nothing, so I have to open with steel key and start engine - stop engine go out and same lock unlock 10sec and dead....I bought new key, because I thank it was they key problem but not.....please help me
buttons inside for lock and unlock working normal, I have no keyless

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
When the car starts up, do you have the message in the dash cluster "consumers off line"

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Check to see if the PSE pump in the boot is wet, undo the 4 10mm nuts that hold on the roof pump and lift it up to get a good feel of the foam.

If it is, remove it, clean the connections with electrical contact cleaner, and fully dry it out.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This pump is CAN operated, if pump connections not green it could be water in the sills if heater box drain blocked

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Could it be the pump timing out or overheating, constantly locking and unlocking within a few seconds?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Could it be the pump timing out or overheating, constantly locking and unlocking within a few seconds?

Ah yes thats a good point, they have a thermal cutout, if you lock and unlock the car lots in a very short period of time, it stops working for a bit.

OP
M

mateesk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL/2004/350
ok, i will check it but in mercedes they checked the pump... you think when is working 10sec after engine turn off and after 10 sec nothing

This pump is CAN operated, if pump connections not green it could be water in the sills if heater box drain blocked

OP
M

mateesk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL/2004/350
have this problem for 6 months....

Ah yes thats a good point, they have a thermal cutout, if you lock and unlock the car lots in a very short period of time, it stops working for a bit.

have this problem for 6 months.... 10 seconds key working... after 10 seconds have to unlock with iron key....I try it many times...in 6 months:D

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not a fault that I have seen or heard of, I can lock and unlock mine all day long, could be a CAN fault or even EIS ignition switch. The only time when mine will not unlock is if the battery is very low.

OP
M

mateesk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL/2004/350
nobody knows where is the fail, car is in mercedes benz and they don t know, new both batteries new key...still not working

Not a fault that I have seen or heard of, I can lock and unlock mine all day long, could be a CAN fault or even EIS ignition switch. The only time when mine will not unlock is if the battery is very low.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom