Sl350 pse pump

Langers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004sl350
Hi all
I have read threads on this forum re pse pumps and was wondering if anyone has come across my problem before.
The pump got wet by water getting in through third brake light which has since been fixed.At first the problem was that overnight the pump would drain the battery in the boot so that convenience functions temporarily unavailable would appear on the dash.After driving for 10 minutes or so the functions would return and be ok for the rest of the day .
I removed pump and took apart .There didn't appear to be any damage inside but I left it to dry out overnight and put it back on car and now it doesn't drain battery but I still get same message.The difference now is functions return one by one first parktronic then blower then heated seats but once the car is switched off it goes over same procedure and doesn't last all day unlike previously.
I am assuming that it must be problem with Pcb as car works normally once the functions return so is my best option to buy new one from mercedes or take a chance on getting mine repaired
Thanks Keith

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have not known the PSE pump to keep the cars awake, and the only way to check what is awake and draining the battery is a CAN BUS test.

Or use an inline fuse ammeter and pull each fuse in turn till the current drawn stops, door modules are a known one as is the comand if not wide screen.

If this shows up nothing then the CAN is the only way

OP
L

Langers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004sl350
Thanks
Battery drain appears to be sorted its the functions coming on one at a time and then going back to convenience unavailable every time car switched off.
I removed 20amp fuse to try and reset pse but this didn't work
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you are having the consumers off message the car is not OK, it should be able to stand for more than 1 week, the consumers turn off when the battery is as low as 11.75 volt.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If some things are not working at the first start and no consumers off message then a front SAM at fault is the most likely cause. These missing things come back once the CAN has gone quiet, where the EIS is still looking for them, but unable to store them as the SAM has some corruption.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
The car is an 04 - if that battery is that age too, it might just be a case of the battery being at end of its life and the normal drain overnight / during the day whenever locked is enough to drop below the threshold and nothing to do with the PSE

With the weather being that bit warmer now, the battery would behave itself slightly better than when cold.

I would have the battery tested first - that costs nothing - and if it shows up as being on its way out, a cheaper option that a new PSE

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom