1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Wanted] Sl400 Brochure and price list

Discussion in 'Spares for Sale and Wanted' started by Richard Hinds, May 15, 2019.

1. Richard Hinds

Richard Hinds Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL350, 2007
    Hi folks,

I’ve just upgraded my 2007 R230 SL350 to a newish R231 SL400, and being a little “nerdish” I’d love to get hold of the relevant brochure and price list. My car is the face-lift R231, first registered Sept 2016, and I don’t know if Mercedes did a “printed” brochure then, as opposed to the on-line version. I’ve seen an appropriate brochure in German, but I don’t know if an English language, non American version actually exists.
    If anyone knows of one, I’d love to buy it.
    The problem ( for us nerds) with the online versions is you can’t go back in time, and some of the equipment packages shown in the current online brochure aren’t applicable to my car.
    I tried emailing Mercedes H.Q. at Milton Keynes, bit my email “bounced back”, so if anyone knows a suitable email address I’d be grateful for that.

Thanks in advance, Richard

2. Altamar

Altamar Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 E Class 220D saloon & 2015 SL400
    Hi, i bought a 2015 SL400 last year and went on a similar search for a brochure and price list. I managed to speak to MB HO in Milton Keynes and to cut a long story short, they couldn't supply one. They managed to get hold of an electronic copy but wouldn't send it out as it was too large a file.

I also discovered MB stopped printing brochures mid 2015 so there would not be a printed version for your 2016 model.

I managed to get one on EBay in the end - in fact I've got two and might be prepared to sell one but it's for the 2015 model year

3. OP
    Richard Hinds

Richard Hinds Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL350, 2007
    Hi there, thanks for your reply, and for confirming printed brochures stopped mid 2015.
    I have got hold of a 2015 brochure, but many things were changed for the 2016 facelift. I was quite miffed to find the “Command” system was “updated” to remove the music box feature! Presumably it was cheaper to have Apple car-play instead