SL500 (95) Head Scratch

The Sat Diver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Black 07 CLS AMG 6.3 and Audi Q7 previously a Blue 1998 SL280 and 1994 SL500 plus a Chipped CL500
I have the warning lights for the ASR & ABS showing in Orange on the dashboard
but.. now I cannot put up the soft top unless I disconnect the Neg Lead on the battery for a few seconds then reconnect.. then it will raise Ok

Is there a link here between the lights and the top ???

Any suggestions gratefully received

Cheers

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
your hood will not operate while you are moving, for safety issues.

the hood controller gets its information about vehicle speed from the abs module. if there is a problem with the abs, the hood controller will not operate - for safety reasons ie in case the vehicle speed is 60mph but the abs module thinks it is stationary.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think that this could be the OVP relay or at least the fuse on top that has blown

OP
T

The Sat Diver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Black 07 CLS AMG 6.3 and Audi Q7 previously a Blue 1998 SL280 and 1994 SL500 plus a Chipped CL500
Thanks guys.. you have just confirmed my thoughts it was just too co-incidental the top should stop working when the lights came on

I have checked the obvious fuses but don't have the handbook to tell me where any others might be hidden away and my ignorance shows when I don't know what the OVP relay is..

Had a good faff around yesterday front wheels off checked sensors for any obvious damage.. disconnected and re-connected under the bonnet etc: still the same and my local garage couldn't trace a fault with them.. took it to Mercedes in the Lakes here for a diagnostics and it is beginning to sound expensive.. oh .. oh..

Cheers
Malcolm

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom