Sl500 key fob wont do anything. Will start car.

Scott.v

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl500
Hey, apologies if this post is not in the correct place.

I have an issue with my sl500 2003.
The key starts the car perfectly fine, it will not do anything else, the indicators do not flash either.

I have tried with both sets of keys and have even had them tested so I know the infared etc works.

The central locking buttons inside the car work. And so does the soft boot close so I'm pretty sure it's not the pse pump.

I have tried everything I can think of from fuses to trying to reset the keys by doing a combination of key syncing but with no luck.

Any ideas or pointers would be amazing. And thanks in advance!

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Hi,
If it is the same as other MB keys then the key is in fact 2 separate components. The central locking uses RF and requires a battery where the transponder used to start the car doesn't.
Is the key LED working? If not change the battery. If it is then it may work close up to the door lock on one side and would point to an antenna amp issue.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I've had this problem on my SL, after a lot of investigation my indy discovered that although his key testing appeared to indicate they were working in turns out both were faulty. Apparently these keys needed testing on a more sophisticated tester than he owned. Cost me over £600 for the investigation and a new key. My indy also managed to fix the faulty keys as well, dry joints, so I now have 3 working keys.

Top Bottom