SL55 Ride Height

candellara

Reaction score
Hi All

Decided to lower my 2006 SL55 as I felt the ride height was too high

So, I opted for the simple way :) lowering links as the car can be easily returned to standard and it's low cost

The instructions recommend an 8mm adjustment on the links but I opted to do just 5mm as this represents a 28mm chassis drop

Well, suspension is definitely lower but I made the schoolboy error of not measuring the original ride height - dooh!

Can any 55 owner with standard ride height measure group to wheel arch for me - front & rear. Thanks if anyone can help

EDIT: If anyone can measure - can you do it with ABC in sport mode

My car is now (in sport) Front 655mm from floor to wheel arch and rear is 675mm

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
70cm from arch to floor.

However, the car is always trying to level the body, so if its not on 100% flat ground, you will always get different results. Sports mode makes no difference to the ride height.

OP
C

candellara

Reaction score
70cm from arch to floor.

However, the car is always trying to level the body, so if its not on 100% flat ground, you will always get different results. Sports mode makes no difference to the ride height.

Thanks. Big help. So, happy with the rear ride height as I only wanted a 1" drop. I'll adjust the front to 675. I assume standard is 700mm all round?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Thanks. Big help. So, happy with the rear ride height as I only wanted a 1" drop. I'll adjust the front to 675. I assume standard is 700mm all round?

No worries! Same all round.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom