SLK 230 ABS BAS lights on dash.

peter-flint

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R33 GTR Skyline,SLK 200 and a rockin'n'rollin Sprinter
My better half told me these warning lights are on, checked the pads for wear and all in order, nowhere near the wear sensors. Checked the fuses (L/H side of engine compartment) and found a 30 amp fuse had blown (marked Brake Boost), replaced the fuse but warning lights still on.
What is and where is this Brake Boost unit found. Is it a replaceable unit ?
Would it's failure cause the fuse to blow with no apparent lose of brake effort.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
As above, get the codes read. But the fuse blew for a reason. Did it blow again? It may just need resetting.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Take car for a short drive, turn off remove key restart and drive lights should go out.

jib

OP
P

peter-flint

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The fuse hasn't blown again, therefor I'm thinking the "Brake Boost" unit may be U/S.
Took it for a short run, steering turned from lock to lock, still have the lights on the dash. :(

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
The fuse hasn't blown again, therefor I'm thinking the "Brake Boost" unit may be U/S.
Took it for a short run, steering turned from lock to lock, still have the lights on the dash. :(

You're going to have to get the fault codes read otherwise it's going to be a very expensive and time consuming guessing game

OP
P

peter-flint

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You're going to have to get the fault codes read otherwise it's going to be a very expensive and time consuming guessing game

Will do, Thanks to all. :)

Liseybabyx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Slk/2004/2.3
Hi. I have the same problem.
Went to use the car on Thursday and the ABS, BAS & ESP warning lights all came on.
They have stayed on since after trying the lock to lock reset and checking the pads which are nowhere near the limit.
Please help.
I also charged the battery and still no luck.

Thanks in advance

Lise

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As you have the ABS lamp on, you have a ABS fault with a wheel sensor probably at fault, You can ignore the BAS and ESP as they cannot work without the ABS working,,,,far cheaper to get a STAR read out from an Indie

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
As you have the ABS lamp on, you have a ABS fault with a wheel sensor probably at fault, You can ignore the BAS and ESP as they cannot work without the ABS working,,,,far cheaper to get a STAR read out from an Indie

I know it's not the same car (but it's a Merc underneath), but EmilysMum's Smart put the ESC & ABS lights on. A new & adjusted brake switch sorted it

antonysobey

Reaction score
I had this problem and solved it completely by replacing the brake light switch located behind the footbrake under the dash.

Happened about 3 years ago , since then no further problem.

By the way, the replacement switch, obtained from a genuine Mercedes Benz garage, was marked "made in China" !!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom