SLK 320 R170 Alarm disable

timiambeing

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 320 2000
Hi folks - my alarm has decided to play up, likely as a result of being left out in the rain whilst I was visiting over the holidays (she is normally cuddled up nice and dry in my garage!). I have searched the interweb and found information on how to temporarily disable my alarm by removing fuse 9 from the fuse box under the bonnet - but I don't seem to have this fuse? Maybe it was an American forum and they have different fuses? I wonder could anyone point to where I might find this fuse on my SLK 320 as I can't get it into the garage for a week or so and I need to lock her when I am out and about...

Many thanks in anticipation

Tim

phillj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CGI Estate
Hi folks - my alarm has decided to play up, likely as a result of being left out in the rain whilst I was visiting over the holidays (she is normally cuddled up nice and dry in my garage!). I have searched the interweb and found information on how to temporarily disable my alarm by removing fuse 9 from the fuse box under the bonnet - but I don't seem to have this fuse? Maybe it was an American forum and they have different fuses? I wonder could anyone point to where I might find this fuse on my SLK 320 as I can't get it into the garage for a week or so and I need to lock her when I am out and about...

Many thanks in anticipation

Tim

Not sure of your what you mean by Alarm playing up? If its activating randomly or failing to set properly then it's usually the sounder/alarm controller. The sounder/controller is mounted under the plastic panel below the windscreen, about a £100+:( to replace (on-board ni-cad batteries leak after many years service destroying the controller PCB)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom