SLK 350 (R171) engine management light / secondary air injection pump

smee2000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 350 2006
Hi. Approx 18-24 months ago my engine management light kept coming on with a secondary air injection fault. The independent Merc garage I took it to tried replacing a relay and did some other checks but eventually replaced the pump which sorted it for a while.

Last autumn there was a fault with the thermostat which was repaired and then the light came back on immediately with a secondary air injection fault again. I ignored it for a while as the garage and I thought there was nothing wrong with the car.

Decided to try and get it sorted recently and the same garage said the pump needed replacing again and did this. Light came straight back on the following day about 20 miles later. For info light came on during the car's 3rd journey after repair, after car had been driving about 8 minutes, when moving off from stationary at traffic lights. STAR machine says secondary air injection fault - again - but I don't have the precise code.

Getting really fed up! Any thoughts? I have always trusted the garage in the past who have helped out with various other faults cheaply and effectively but this is a real pain now. I need them to sort it though as I just paid for another pump repair but am still getting the same fault reported. Grateful for all assistance :)

Top Bottom