SLK rust issues

Protocol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
You could mention the 30yr anti rust warranty with those cars....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I doubt very much if Mercedes will do anything about this, they say no to much newer cars and rust, 2005 was a better year, but not for under body parts.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I like many have seen many rusty SLK's and many MB's generally with very bad rust those pictures do not suprise me in the least.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I like many have seen many rusty SLK's and many MB's generally with very bad rust those pictures do not suprise me in the least.

Just think, the 210 front spring cups can rust off, quite a few threads on this.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Brown Death

Hi NatT, Just curious, did your car ever "live" by the seaside ? our "ancient" 2002 ML as far as I can see has no rust at all and spent the first 8 years of its life registered to a keeper in Kensington north London, conversely I bought a 2001 Nissan Navara from Porthcawl in south wales that subsequently turned out to have quite a bit more rust than I had initially noticed, I have often wondered if there's a connection between how much a car rusts and where its from.

OP
N

NatT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS500
Looking through the paperwork it doesn't look like it has.

As far as the Nissan Navara are concerned they are well known for the rusty chassis that was made in Spain. While Nissan don't admit there is a safety concern have a look on the facebook page of Nissan Navara snapped chassis page - assuming you have a facebook account. They are literally snapping in half.

Does anyone know who is in charge of Mercedes UK customer services? Even better if there is an email for them as well.

OP
N

NatT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS500
I meant to reply to this some time ago but to conclude this as all threads should be. It cost the grand total of £120 to get the job done. That's stripped, cleaned, welded and painted.

I never want to see another subframe again :p

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nice one, thanks for the update- always nice to hear an outcome!

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.
Looking through the paperwork it doesn't look like it has.

As far as the Nissan Navara are concerned they are well known for the rusty chassis that was made in Spain. While Nissan don't admit there is a safety concern have a look on the facebook page of Nissan Navara snapped chassis page - assuming you have a facebook account. They are literally snapping in half.

Does anyone know who is in charge of Mercedes UK customer services? Even better if there is an email for them as well.

The last time I saw - indeed experienced a snapped/broken chassis was on a 1956 Ford 100E side valve van;at the time it was 20+years old and had been used as a TV repair engineers van in the Blackburn area of Lancashire.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom