SLK230 Brake Fluid

mark999

Reaction score
Taking a look through the SLKs service history, it looks like the brake fluid hasn't been changed for a while. Is DOT4 ok for this model? I can't find reference to the required spec in the owners manual.
Thanks, Mark

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Have a close look at the cap - it usually says on the top. I'm sure dot 4 is the correct spec tho.

OP
M

mark999

Reaction score
Thanks ill take a look

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
Difference is boiling point, wet and dry. If you are doing something that makes a difference between 4 and 5, you'd better have massive discs and be wearing a helmet. For normal use, either will be fine. Opie say that DOT 4 is fine for the AMG version of your SLK, so I would think you'd be fine with that.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom