slk230 interior

machisono

Reaction score
Aloha from Kauai:cool:. My interior has lost so much of the quartz paint on the plastic center console that it requires dismantling, then existing paint removal and finally respray. Any advice or links on where to begin the dismantling process:confused:? thanks to all

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome. do you mean the section that houses the parking brake

OP
M

machisono

Reaction score
Hello Malcolm. Yes the section housing the parking brake, glove box etc. I have begun the process in fits and starts and have decided to remove and refurbish all the plastic that has been painted. I have discovered that either due to our humidity here in Hawaii or perhaps the years in the sun that the paint is gummy and fragile. Once I strip the paint I may decide to change the color from the original quartz(225) to anthracite or leave it black so that I do not have to repeat the process five years from now. Thank you for the reply

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have printed off the parking brake housing and I can send it too you, I can also print off the other parts for you on how to remove them

OP
M

machisono

Reaction score
Aloha Malcolm, thank you for the reply and offer, however it may not be necessary. I began this morning removing sections from around the steering column and my next step is the center console section, so far it has been fairly straight forward. I should be receiving my SLK 230 repair manual any day now and I believe it will detail how the pieces were assembled... if I don't pull the remaining pieces tomorrow. Once again thank you.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom