SLK230 tyre brands?

B

bernieg

Hi everybody,

I've got a 2001 SLK230 and currently do around 400miles a week in it driving from Hertfordshire to Cambridge.

My 4 tyres are currently around 3-4mm and are due to be replaced in the near future. In all the 8yrs I have owned the car, it has always had Dunlop tyres on it.

Just wondered what you thought of this tyre brand and whether (given my high mileage) there is an argument for switching to an alternative brand e.g. Michelins?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

bern

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Interesting reading the test, I see the toyo and kumho and a few others are still hopeless in the wet

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
It's a cost per mile thing.

Just changed some avons on my s211 and they did 30k miles they cost £90 each

Because I needed to replace quickly ended up at Costco with some michelins which cost £125 each.. Will need them to run 50k miles to be the se per mile.

Needing some to replace the Goodyears which have 3-4mm and must have done nearly 40k ( on before I bought the car) ....

Wondering wether to rebalance the car with Michelin but great expense or go with something like Kumho which are £85 or so each... Bu how many miles will they cover???

I have always found dunlops relatively soft when I have had them on company cars compared to michy

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom