Smart Motorways

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Not understanding what you are getting at there?

I read it as the yellow cameras on the left. Also there is rumour of average speed detection too.

I just find it jaw dropping how many driver's are stetting them off or tearing through them with no care (can only assume false plates). Touch wood I've maintained a clean licence but, I also believe that fines are tiered and means tested these days.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
What a wonderful thing it will be when our new smart motorway network is finished!!
The northern M6 section that is complete is a wonderful driving experience; now we have 3 lanes of HGV's doing <60mph!!!!!!!!!

HOW is this progress??????

it sets out and delivers exactly what they want.... you busy, getting paid less everyday not noticing the decline of society, whilst the rich fly in helicopters to foreign lands where the police do there job

have none of you noticed that the nice quite country lanes you once were able to enjoy and make good progress along are now (courtesy of smart phone tracking devices) littered with "random" long term irrelevant roadworks where exactly NOTHING is happening or ever going to happen, but you have to stop at the lights and wait... or the new traffic scheme that make your commute to work an extra 20 mins longer than before they put it in....

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
it sets out and delivers exactly what they want.... you busy, getting paid less everyday not noticing the decline of society, whilst the rich fly in helicopters to foreign lands where the police do there job

have none of you noticed that the nice quite country lanes you once were able to enjoy and make good progress along are now (courtesy of smart phone tracking devices) littered with "random" long term irrelevant roadworks where exactly NOTHING is happening or ever going to happen, but you have to stop at the lights and wait... or the new traffic scheme that make your commute to work an extra 20 mins longer than before they put it in....

I'm awaiting a response to the shambles the recent snow caused where due to a section of a lovely driving road in the countryside being a blackspot for mobile phone tracking and emergency services radios, I spent 5.5 hours getting home. I think the control room bods were using google maps to determine the state of the roads instead of the cameras that would show the gridlock blackspots, that are at exactly the same place time after time in inclement weather over the past 30 years. They probably also relied on social meedja selfies that clearly showed gridlock, and none traffic on the ice covered sections that in warmer weather floods and blocks the main arterial road through here that is also the primary diversionary route in event of M3 closure as on 1 Feb

Have heard the emergency services radio system is being proposed to be replaced by mobile phones, just hope security certificates are kept valid.

Our local MP has asked Failing Grayling at the DoT to investigate, which in itself does not install confidence. Lets see who he blames.

Top Bottom