OP
drgaz

drgaz

Reaction score
Website
bazzarpixie.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C320 COUPE
My second hire car arrived today 1.6 Astra they may swap it on Monday for another Mondeo, I am not to fussed they where very quick and on the ball, well done hire car company.

I also had a quote from the insurance people, I was very unhappy with there price they quoted.4200 for a mint c200 cdi se on a 53 plate with 77k I can see nothing any where that would replace mine for that price. is that a fair price?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
My second hire car arrived today 1.6 Astra they may swap it on Monday for another Mondeo, I am not to fussed they where very quick and on the ball, well done hire car company.

I also had a quote from the insurance people, I was very unhappy with there price they quoted.4200 for a mint c200 cdi se on a 53 plate with 77k I can see nothing any where that would replace mine for that price. is that a fair price?

Glad to hear the hire car firm came up trumps. Best bet is to trawl autotrader and pistonheads and note all the cars with similar spec/condition/age to yours and show your insurance company.
Never settle for the first offer anyway and just use that as a starting point for negociations. Good luck!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

They always try this on,,, write back saying totally unacceptable and they will offer you more, and as above point out that there is not one the same for the money they are offering

OP
drgaz

drgaz

Reaction score
Website
bazzarpixie.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C320 COUPE
Hi Here's a little up date,
Its been a week today since the accident and although we were physically all well my Wife the children and myself are beginning to feel the stress off all this mentally,
I have cancelled work can not think straight my minds a mess,
My wife took yesterday off her minds a mess and nervous as hell about driving, My daughter (16) dose not even want to get in a car and my son (18) well he feels angry about the whole damn episode and says he never wants to drive its not worth saving a lot of money to buy a nice car and is on a massive negative downer.
I am a member of the IAM may be I should call them for advise.
I don't know what to do?
sorry about the grammar,
Kind regards Gaz

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Take a fun day out together, esp while the weathers nice.
Forget about the car completely and go on the train if you can to a place where there aren't any.
But use hire car if its somewhere like woburn, and have fun in it.
Decide to put a few hours aside on a certain day / time to sort car issues and only then!
Otherwise forget it. Its a car and much like a laptop.
Handy when you have one, but life will go on without one.

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Hi Here's a little up date,
Its been a week today since the accident and although we were physically all well my Wife the children and myself are beginning to feel the stress off all this mentally,
I have cancelled work can not think straight my minds a mess,
My wife took yesterday off her minds a mess and nervous as hell about driving, My daughter (16) dose not even want to get in a car and my son (18) well he feels angry about the whole damn episode and says he never wants to drive its not worth saving a lot of money to buy a nice car and is on a massive negative downer.
I am a member of the IAM may be I should call them for advise.
I don't know what to do?
sorry about the grammar,
Kind regards Gaz

Blimey, talk about an overreaction! :shock: It's just a car accident, a bit stressful but hardly the end of the world. :neutral:

Calm down dear, it's just an insurance claim. I think your negativity is rubbing off on the rest of your family.

Top Bottom