SMS text messages on Audio 20

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
I have an iPhone 3GS connected via cradle to Audio20 head unit. Everything works fine, except...

The head unit has the option to display incoming text messages (SMS), but when I choose that it says 'no messages' even when I know there are some.

The manual says that the text message function is only available if the phone supports the Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile), which mine does (iOS 6).

Any ideas??

OP
roop_the_loop

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
Will tell you here if txt messages are supported. http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/

Thanks, that's confirmed that it won't work. :( Still a mystery why not, but that's largely academic I guess...

I noticed that if I change my phone to 4GS, and get the cradle A2128201951 to go with that, this combo supports SMS message read. But I'm hesitant to make the change as it seems that each cradle has slightly different functionality and I'm scared I'll lose something more important than the SMS reading (which, let's face it, is not exactly mission-critical). Not to mention the considerable cost of both the phone and the cradle, so would be an expensive exercise just to 'try & see'.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Interesting thread - had this function on my MINI... Until I changed to iPhone (which the system is designed for), then I lost that functionality!

I'm now wondering, if I have it with COMAND on the 219. Vimeeo seems to work well, and gives me use of Siri..... You have me thinking now RTL! :confused:

Top Bottom