Snow

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
I don't understand what all the palaver is about, just because we had a few inches of snow over the last few days. I used to drive 44 tonne artic trucks and was always out before the gritting lorries and never once had a problem. It is a case of driving according to the conditions, thinking ahead and taking things easy.

So the next time Terry Wogan asks how the gritting drivers get to work, I'm going to call him and let him know :wink:

animated_lowboy_pete_cat_truck.gif
Nice Graphic, but I hope you realise Terry retired last week.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Nice Graphic, but I hope you realise Terry retired last week.

That must be so that I can't heckle him then.

I wish I had a pound for every time he said the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road was shut, usually when I was half way across it :shock:

sam220cdi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Auto 2008
My last word on this ;)
It is not a palaver, it is about damaging my wheels and the safety of pedestrians as I slowly mount the pavement in their path. I have driven rear wheel autos before (Hillman Minx..that's going back a bit!) and it was not as bad as my MB.
I have a theory which may explain my problem. I left a snowbound car park and never got to more than 5MPH. My treads were blocked with ice and snow so I was literally driving on slicks. Ho hum. End of story. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

davidC200K

Reaction score
I had a W202 C Class Auto Kompressor and I simply did not drive it on ice or snow if I could possibly avoid it. I now have an E Class Diesel Auto. The additional weight seems to make a difference. It can still be a pig when the surface is polished but with a couple of sacks of quartz chips in the boot and a full tank it drives fine on snow. Use the option to select 2nd gear and do everything very gently.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
My C200CDI has not given me any probs at all in this weather, yes, she has kicked her ars out and shown the traction light to me a great deal, but not worse than any other car!!

I think people just "forget" what it was like in the 80's when we had no driver aids, i loved it then!! love it now!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
We have no snow where I and I drove back to day with the roof down in the warm sun:D

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
We have no snow where I and I drove back to day with the roof down in the warm sun:D

Blimey Malcolm - you are lucky then - it's freezing here brrrrrrrr-and we are not that far from you:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blimey Malcolm - you are lucky then - it's freezing here brrrrrrrr-and we are not that far from you:(

Midday I drove down to Exeter on the A35 and it was a dream,,had a nice carvery,,coffee at MB and some nice alli boxes for my STAR as a xmas present to me

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Minus 4.5 here!!!!!

Its warmer in the pond,they have there heater on!!!!!!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Read it Malc, Glad its sorted!!

Guess we will be seing you again soon then, keep triping over that ****** leg in the workshop:D:D:D:D

If I come down when you have lots in,,I will buy some gloves, and you can go out for the day :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
You no where the gloves are Malc, we are getting busy already for Jan Sir, make a date and dont be late!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you and I will do :D:D

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Midday I drove down to Exeter on the A35 and it was a dream,,had a nice carvery,,coffee at MB and some nice alli boxes for my STAR as a xmas present to me

Mmmmmmm carvery, I like carvery....

As for driving in the snow goes, so far ok. Just be nice and gentle and dont attempt anything daft and one should be ok.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mmmmmmm carvery, I like carvery....

As for driving in the snow goes, so far ok. Just be nice and gentle and dont attempt anything daft and one should be ok.

I see the mention of food,soon brings you on line :D:D

Np snow or ice around here and plus 7 today

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I see the mention of food,soon brings you on line :D:D

Np snow or ice around here and plus 7 today

-4.5c this morning. Battery protection mode convieince features not available was what I was greeted with. This very helpfully disables the rear heated screen.

I drove the car 31 miles between starts yesterday. Dont like this cold weather one bit, and as for my MPG it used to be high 30's, now high 20's. Less money for roast dinners......

.......So my old man taking care of that on boxing day (working tomorrow)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom