Snow

stevesey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 Sport 98
My C200CDI has not given me any probs at all in this weather, yes, she has kicked her ars out and shown the traction light to me a great deal, but not worse than any other car!!

I think people just "forget" what it was like in the 80's when we had no driver aids, i loved it then!! love it now!
Likewise - M4 was very busy last night, checked the cameras before I left work and didn't look good, so came of early and across some back roads. Ended up doing about 5 miles on one that still had 2 inches of snow on it (with outside temp reading -1C), no problems, slow and steady. Traction control was cutting in lots up the hills, but not enough to bring me to a standstill.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I Found The Answer to

driving in the snow. We need this

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thank you very much for that old film,, it really did work in all conditions

Malakai

New Registration
Reaction score
Website
www.EquationIT.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLC 180k
I just bought a pair of Snow Socks for my CLC 180k from a Vauxhall dealership in Paisley who are selling tons of these at £50.

One thing to note though, they are practically impossible to put on due to the lowered rear suspension. I didn't get them on, but still ripped the skin off of my knuckles.

Might need to jack the car up and fit them that way :(

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
First time Ive seen this film ..Im impressed im off now to ''invent'' one

Thincat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK320
I have a C220 on a 58 plate. I purchased it in may this year, and today had my first experience of driving in the snow....i nearly sh!t myself. The car has no grip or traction the rear wheels just spin and the front lock up....it doesn't like any cornering at all. I had to abondon the car about a mile from where I live, but other cars were driving ok on the snow...are all Mercs like this....:confused:

Yes, I think they probably are - mine certainly is. You can mitigate the problem by fitting winter tyres, or even a make of standard tyre that is better in snow.

My personal opinion as to why Mercs are so bad is that the traction control is the problem - this is NOT a problem that affects all front engine RWD cars. I noticed on my car that when I tried to pull off really gently in snow it would get to a state where one rear wheel was slowly turning, and finding a bit of grip, while the other wheel would be stationary. So basically the TC had turned the car into one-wheel drive. The only way to get both turning was to rev a bit harder which was counter-productive as both wheels then just spun. I reckon the TC was braking the stationary wheel - BTW I had ESP off but this doesn't prevent independent wheel braking. Basically the TC intervenes much too early and makes the car undriveable when there's limited traction.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom