So is the new owner of W98SAV a member of this forum?

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
When i sold my R129 SL320 in early 2018 it took a while before the trader I part exchanged it to sold it, the only thing I can think of was the mileage at 117k put people off. But as I've foolishly done in the past I had done anything that needed doing during my ownership from new front wings right through to the smaller things like the aerial to the best of my knowledge it wanted for nothing.

So I'm just curious as to whether it went to another forum member or even an owner who's joined the forum since and if so how they're getting on with it?:)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
When i sold my R129 SL320 in early 2018 it took a while before the trader I part exchanged it to sold it, the only thing I can think of was the mileage at 117k put people off. But as I've foolishly done in the past I had done anything that needed doing during my ownership from new front wings right through to the smaller things like the aerial to the best of my knowledge it wanted for nothing.

So I'm just curious as to whether it went to another forum member or even an owner who's joined the forum since and if so how they're getting on with it?:)

Oh, do I get an inkling you wont it back gramey after making it such a nice car or you have far too much spare time :p
I often wonder what happens to my old cars too, though I would think most of mine end up on the scrapheap :(

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
Oh, do I get an inkling you wont it back gramey after making it such a nice car or you have far too much spare time :p
I often wonder what happens to my old cars too, though I would think most of mine end up on the scrapheap :(
No it's not a question of wanting it back mainly just curious if the new owner was on here how they are getting on with the car.
As you say I did put a lot of time and even more money into it so I was just hoping someone was getting some enjoyment out of it.:)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom