So you think you are safe after 3 weeks do you ? You are NOT !!

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
The sun is shining I have just washed my car and all is/was well with the world...
Then I opened a letter and noticed the "Cumbria Constabulary" heading and instantly I knew what was coming..
Ooooh didums I was doing 49mph on the A591 in Cumbria 9 WEEKS AGO..
So dont go feeling all smug with yourselves if you were caught on camera and 3 weeks has elapsed and you havent received a brown envelope..

Remember the country is FU**ED and it needs all the money it can get from so called safety cameras..
They are going to allow me to attend a so called speed awareness course.. I have done one before about 6 years ago..
It taught me nothing other than how to cough up £70 just to escape the 3 points..
I remember well the copper sat in the car with me and the other 2 criminals and he passed the clipboard to each of us to allow us to write our "Positive comments in our own words"..
Thats not on!
They should at least send the questionaire to our homes and allow us to write in privacy without him sat there watching like a Vulture!

I have learnt nothing..
Actually I have learned something.. This sad little country is getting sadder by the day !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
How about a little box that warns you of when you a breaking the law,,she will talk to you and drive you nuts, but on most you can turn the sound off

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
The sun is shining I have just washed my car and all is/was well with the world...
Then I opened a letter and noticed the "Cumbria Constabulary" heading and instantly I knew what was coming..
So dont go feeling all smug with yourselves if you were caught on camera and 3 weeks has elapsed and you havent received a brown envelope..

Remember the country is FU**ED and it needs all the money it can get from so called safety cameras..
They are going to allow me to attend a so called speed awareness course.. I have done one before about 6 years ago..
It taught me nothing other than how to cough up £70 just to escape the 3 points..
I remember well the copper sat in the car with me and the other 2 criminals and he passed the clipboard to each of us to allow us to write our "Positive comments in our own words"..
Thats not on!
They should at least send the questionaire to our homes and allow us to write in privacy without him sat there watching like a Vulture!

I have learnt nothing..
Actually I have learned something.. This sad little country is getting sadder by the day !

How sad, never mind as the saying goes oh yes and I attend mine on the 1st Nov for exceeding a 30mph limit by 4 MPH at a cost of £66.50 run by the AA so no chance of a drink then:rolleyes:

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My friend with the corvette said the same thing Malcolm..
Its ironic that I had the SL for 3 months and 4,000 miles
and never had a problem then on the 2nd day of owning the E class I get collared..
It really winds me up..
We get little boy racers around here that do 80 - 90 and more in a 40 area and NEVER get done!

Yes LEGALLY speaking I was "speeding"
MORALLY I was NOT !

Last time 6 years ago I was doing 34mph on the main dual carriageway that goes into Blackpool..
Some bright spark has made that road 30mph..I used to live on that road and it was originally 60mph !
If that isnt fishing for money I dont know what is !

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Hooligan.....I am confident that the ''summons'' has by law to have been posted within 14 days of the alleged offence. Check the dates and if they are lawful it then begs the question ....where have the documents been all this time?

Mic

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mic,
Just got the following off a "Web Solicitor"

How long have the Police got to issue the Summons?
In the vast majority of cases, the Police must "lay information" within 6 months of the offence occurring. This means that the Police must ask the Court to issue a Summons within that period of time. As long as the request is with the Court before the 6 months expires, it does not matter if the Court then fail to actually issue the Summons within 6 months of the offence.

:mad:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hooligan.....I am confident that the ''summons'' has by law to have been posted within 14 days of the alleged offence. Check the dates and if they are lawful it then begs the question ....where have the documents been all this time?

Mic

With the way that Simon has been changing cars of late it must have taken weeks to catch up to him,, I thought the 14 days was the cut off point

MB partsman

Reaction score

Could you please let the wider world know what the limit is on that stretch?

When I got done I was told the the course was a once only thing, have they changed that?

When I did my course, it did teach me something.... to be more aware of where cameras are!
ie normally on a road where the limit is artificially low.. unsafe stretches dont seem to attract cameras for some reason.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

When I got done I was told the the course was a once only thing, have they changed that?

When I did my course, it did teach me something.... to be more aware of where cameras are!
ie normally on a road where the limit is artificially low.. unsafe stretches dont seem to attract cameras for some reason.

You are able to elect for the course providing you have not done one within three years - always assuming the Chief Constable agrees and makes the 'offer'

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

That particular stretch was reduced to 40mph at an area called Ings, and I remember it well..There were many other cars doing the same speed as me and I remember thinking "they wont do everyone".. I was keeping up with the flow..
OK I know its a lame excuse but its how it was.
I suspect I shall be meeting a few hundered of them on the course.
The courses can only be taken once in three years..

Last edited:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
It's been said before, if the limit is for safety, and not some silly argument that says that slower is safer, then it deserves respect.

Otherwise I see it as a form of legalised corruption. The law loses more respect.

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No excuses but..
My history is 34 mph in a 30 6 years ago..
Now no matter how scathing some of you may be I hardly am a hardened speed freak that does a ton everywhere..

There is a young **sehole who lives down our lane that is one of these so called boy racers.. He actually killed a cyclist about 5 years ago..
Is he banned or locked up??
NEITHER !! Daddy is rich and got a Barrister on the job and he is still driving like a loonatic.. He is one of the 80mph pratts we see/hear screaming around here at night.
Not to worry.. Just dont ever walk or ride a bike when he is out playing in his souped up clio sport !

Last edited:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I am afraid we are all tarred by the same brush and whatever we think or feel when caught in the spotlight of an enormously successful revenue generator the outcome is sealed.

I noted contained in the 'joining pack' for my 'Monday Appointment' there is a paragraph telling applicants that: -

"The individual will be expected to arrive on time for the registration session and lateness for whatever reason will not be tolerated and you will be refused entrance (no doubt sent home with a note for your mother telling her of your misdemeanour's:rolleyes:) participate fully and in a positive way recognising that safety cameras are there for all our benefit. Negativity of any kind is not acceptable behaviour and you may be reported to the Chief Constable who will decide on what action to be taken which might involve you receiving points on your licence, prosecution for wasting police time or both you may also face an additional penalty fine. The instructor is required to assess your performance and report any of the above including refusal to respond to all reasonable requests made during the course of the program"

I can't wait given I have been driving just over 51 years covering at least 1.5million miles had one serious accident which was not my fault and three speeding offences one for exceeding the limit for a van (which used to be 40mph back in the early 60's) one for 33mph in a 30mph area and this one - oh well I suppose I have been VERY lucky so no worries really:Oops:

So there tis the order of the day to treat one like a naughty school boy caught behind the bike sheds with his trousers down peeing on the headmasters prize marrow or something more pleasurable (ah getting a young lady preggers is now considered cool as is buggering your best mates brother so scrub that one:lol:)

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
This says Notice of Prosecution (NIP) 14 days.....which is not a ''summons'' yet....I should not have used the word ''summons''.

http://www.hotfrog.co.uk/Companies/...mit-for-A-Notice-of-Intended-Prosecution-8509

I remain of the view that 14 days is correct.

Mic
I agree with you. It's 14 days for a NIP and six months for a summons to court.

The 14 day window can only be extended if the driver is difficult to trace directly, say due to the car being registered in a company, or lease company, name.

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Hi Mic,
I notice that the link you gave is to a Scotish Lawyer..
Is English law the same as Scotish Law?

All I did was a Google search and there may well be a more pertinent site for the information that I was seeking. Nonetheless I remain resolute in my belief of the 14 days rule in ENGLAND.

Mic

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
All I did was a Google search and there may well be a more pertinent site for the information that I was seeking. Nonetheless I remain resolute in my belief of the 14 days rule in ENGLAND.

Mic

I think Simon needs a definitive on this one Mic so might I suggest you get your rather special motor out and hurtle along exceeding the limit whilst passing though a speed camera and then sit back and see what happens, if you hear nothing within the 14 days but the brown envelope appears several days after the 14 then you will have all of our admiration, support and blessing as you take on the Chief Constable....:;)

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom