soft top issues

lukus27

New Registration
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my roof. It's a mercedes clk 230 kompressor and it refuses toopen or close I checked all connections and fuses. I've also tried a code reader but to no evail.

Any ideas?

MB-Car-Tech

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 230K - SOLD now running E320T CDI
Lukus,

I am assuming its a 208 chassis???

These do have various common faults but have to know what diagnostic tool was used???

If I knew the STAR had been connected and there was no communications to it then I would be testing the circuit and wiring to the control module.

(hidden behind a partition at the rear of the boot (trunk)) - very unusual to have no faults to start with..... car been jump started ???

The roof system has many micro switches located at various points and these do fail for various reasons.

First test has to be the roller blind in the boot - is it located and pressing on the micro switch - right guide rail nearest to you.

What is happening to the roof operating light in the centre console ???

With the roof all locked down -- can you raise and lower the rear headrests ??? - opearted hydraulically via the sof top control module

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
^^all the above. also, does the lock above your head all work ok? we have no idea what the trouble is without a more detailed description...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom