software upgrade assistance please-KENT

Audi_TT 83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180k/2005/1.8 kompressor
I have just got my facelift 2005 c180k classic SE and i have been reading on the forum about some possible mods

the major two that i am interested in are having the mirrors fold in when locking, and possibly cornering lights.

i have read that people with MB-star software can activate these options.

so my question is, is ther someone in Kent (herne bay area preferable) that could activate these options for me? of course i would re-imburse you for your time whether in beer, or a bit of money.

thanks in advance

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I'm sure someone will be along with suggestions of indies with STAR in your area but a couple of comments..

Do your mirrors fold in with a touch and release of the button by you light switch? If not it may not be possible to code the auto-fold.
Also, do you have xenon headlights? If not the fog lights will not be the correct type for cornering illumination. This doesn't mean they can't be coded, just the effect will very minimal as the lens/reflector design will not throw the light into the corner.

OP
A

Audi_TT 83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the mirrors fold by the button by the light switch, one button to fold in and one button to un-fold. i do not have xenon headlights, they are just normal H7's.

are there any other things like that, that can be coded. such as using the fog lights as daytime running lights ?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Do you have to keep the button depressed to complete the fold, or press and release?

Depending on the firmware version on your car you could have tyre pressure loss warning coded, this uses the ABS sensors to detect a deflating tyre. You could also have what's become known as "UK mode deletion". This allows you to display the outside temp instead of kph, plus other stuff like remaining tank contents, and range at current consumption.

The guys at Comand.co.uk (based in Lightwater) are the gurus when it comes to coding mods..

OP
A

Audi_TT 83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yes it is a one touch button for the mirrors. the remaining tank range would be great as i used that all the time on my other cars.

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
Here is what can be done fairly easily;

Auto folding mirrors (if electrically folding)
Tyre pressure loss warning
Fuel tank content display
Date display in cluster
Outside temperature display in the status line
UK mode deletion (enables MPH in status display)
Navigation display in instrument cluster
Telephone/ipod buttons enable and display in instrument cluster
Alarm 'chirp' on arm/disarm
cornering lights depends on the revision of the controllers in the car but might be possible.

This needs STAR with developer mode.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom