sold fake satnav dvd-now what?

OP
R

realslimshady

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 cdi 2005
Yep, I've read all them now...basically, I'm stuffed til I can afford the most recent disc!

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
Just out of interest as I don't have command in my merc but I do have a Garmin. But what does a command disk thingy cost from MB. Because if you think about it, you get what you pays for in my experience. What the hell did you do befor GPS arrived (thank you America) get out the Atlas or AA book of the road and plan ahead write it down. Wana call someone stop the car and do it, it is still dangerous with hands free. so the only thing that's left is a radio and or a CD. So whats all the fuss with command as far as I can see here it always going wrong costs a fortune to fix so why have it.

Wendal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC220
Fake sat nav?

Is this Ebay user 'Merc_digital' by any chance? I has exactly the same happen, only I got nasty with them, they refunded me immediately and said the same- that one must have slipped through the net.

I said I didn't believe them and that I believed they send copies regularly and trading standards and Mercedes would be keen to know. They said they'd send me an original to prove.

Today I received another fake case BUT the disc does look original. Its silver, has a quality/professional print label and a serial number and barcode on the inner spindle.

Im still not convinced its real though simply because how can they sell a 2014/15 disc for £60, unless they've reluctantly sold me their master copy, which would be bad for business...

Im about to put it in my machine and will see how it responds...

Bought a 2012/2013 satnav dvd from ebay advertised as 'original, used' but after a week it stopped working, and after reading various threads determined that it was in fact a copy. Seller was apologetic, claiming it was supplied from MB dealer and he wasn't aware it was a copy, and refunded my money without quibble.
Call me a mug, for perhaps having too much faith in my fellow man, but same person was also advertising the later disc, 2013/2014, same description. I emailed and asked specifically if it was original and not a copy, and was assured it was. Seller had blocked me, however, so I was suspicious, but thought, what the hell, and got my son to buy it...and you guessed it, another copy. Which I tried and won't work. It's updated the system, and shows the map now and again, but won't navigate.
So, what can I do now to get my satnav back? (Don't worry about the ebay thing, that's being dealt with). I understand I can't 'regress' so am I stuck with paying the huge price of a MB supplied up-to-date disc?

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
Ebay are making it very difficult to leave negative feedback. Earlier this year I bought a pile of body panels from a seller in London. Advert was cash on collection. I got a van and went down to collect. Took photos of all the panels and got a receipt for the cash and took sneaky photos of the people I was dealing with.

Within 24 hours of the deal, I got a notice from EBay for all 7 items stating non-payment!!

I phoned them and explained what I had done, photos, receipt etc. and the ebay guy agreed with me that the seller was trying it on and trying to get his fees back. I left 7 lots of negative feedback....

These were subsequently removed and even though I complained to ebay that others should be told that the seller had tried it on, they were adamant that the feedback could not stay.... and so now the seller appears to only have positive feedback!

rom1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220cdi coupe/2004
Well I'm still waiting for him to make good on his promise of supplying a genuine disc....he's got til Friday.
Meanwhile-this has got to be fake too?
http://www.satnavmap.com/2013-2014-mercedes-ntg2-v15-comand-aps-sat-nav-dvd-222-p.asp
anyone know about them?

Yes I have had a bad experience from these idiots!

Disc updated comand then locked it, I could not eject disc or swtch use comand or even switch it off.

I had to pull the fuse, then reset the unt and install the original 2004 disc.

Seller claimed my unit was faulty blah blah blah...

Eventually paypall refunded me and seller wanted his disc back, I told him hes welcome to come and get it.... he never turned up LOL

contact paypall, trading standards and police as he will get frustrated and make threats, unfortunately I did not have the time to take matters further

Wendal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC220
Was your disc blue or silver?

Yes I have had a bad experience from these idiots!

Disc updated comand then locked it, I could not eject disc or swtch use comand or even switch it off.

I had to pull the fuse, then reset the unt and install the original 2004 disc.

Seller claimed my unit was faulty blah blah blah...

Eventually paypall refunded me and seller wanted his disc back, I told him hes welcome to come and get it.... he never turned up LOL

contact paypall, trading standards and police as he will get frustrated and make threats, unfortunately I did not have the time to take matters further

rom1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220cdi coupe/2004
I will check in the morning, its made its way into a box of stuff in the garage, AKA useless stuff, will post back in morning

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Sadly the experiences ive read here are not that uncommon.

There are a number of unscrupulous ebay sellers selling rubbish they tout as genuine. These disks are generally rubbish. The comments about 'It was supplied by MB' so I thought it was genuine is also rubbish. Its the seller trying to cover his/her back. Mercedes don't sell fake disks.

These disclaimers are also a load of rubbish as we have told these sellers that their disks do and have caused problems. Also Mercedes Benz themselves take a very active stance should the disks breach their copyright with the three pointed star.;)

moj91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d-T, W204 C250CDI-T, W220 S320CDI (AMG Kit), W168 A170CDI, W210&W124 OM606...
Avoid 'merc_digital' on ebay too.. theirs are all crap copies too...

moj91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d-T, W204 C250CDI-T, W220 S320CDI (AMG Kit), W168 A170CDI, W210&W124 OM606...
And going back to ebay, i as a seller have had bad feedback automatically removed by ebay, 'to protect my seller status'.

I sold a torque wrench that had seen better days, it failed on the buyer quite quickly so offered him a straight up refund, he left negative feedback (fair enough, although i did refund him) and it was removed by ebay.

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
And going back to ebay, i as a seller have had bad feedback automatically removed by ebay, 'to protect my seller status'.

I sold a torque wrench that had seen better days, it failed on the buyer quite quickly so offered him a straight up refund, he left negative feedback (fair enough, although i did refund him) and it was removed by ebay.

I argued that in my case the seller had deliberately tried to defraud ebay of their fees by claiming I had not paid for items I had collected (I know who would believe that!!) and considering it was seats and body panels for an S Class, I could have hardly done a runner with them!

I feel I was justified in leaving negative feedback as I emailed the seller 5 times after he had raised the non-payment issue with ebay and think they should have left it on so as to warn others...

moj91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh i completely agree, the negative feedback should have been left for all to see!

Another thing to be wary of, eBay have just started their international shipping programme, which makes your items for sale visible worldwide. You supposedly send your item to ebay's international postage center then they forward it on abroad.

So I have of course immediately disabled that option, as i have been inundated with questions about items from abroad from zero feedback buyers. It could not be more open to fraud if it tried. I advise everyone who sells on ebay to opt out/disable it.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom