Someone keyed the door of my C220

parystec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 220 CDI 2008 with all most everything
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have only been a Merc owner for just over 1 Year And what a great car it is too. I joined this forum to see if anyboby can help with some avice. The other week I came back to my car and found that the passanger had been keyed ( a scrach about 3 4 inches long). Not very deep I think i has just gone through the laquer coating. How can I best get it repired and advice would be welcome.

Yours in distress :(

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
08 model I see, what colour is the car, and is it possible to get a pic of the damage?

AndrewIles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 55 AMG
Can you see undercoat and can you feel the scratch if you run your fingernail over it?

If not you might be able to polish it out.

Go to Halfords and get yourself something like Meguiars Scratch X and a microfibre cloth. About £15 all in.

If that doesn't work there are a number of mobile companies that do Smart repairs. I have used Chips Away in the past and was impressed with the results. It will probably cost £100 though!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A simple way is to just mask off about 5mm from all round the mark and spray an aerosol onto the damaged area, just do this twice, so two thin coats. leave it to dry and then then T cut off the paint all over the area, and it will leave the base coat sprayed paint in the scratch, do not try any clear coat. it will T cut off like butter, then polish it

OP
P

parystec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
more on scrach

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies so far, as asked for I have included a pic and also the colour is Cubanite Silver. I don`t think I can fix this myself as I can`t paint a barn door at 50 paces :)) so a dude who can fix this would be good.

Yours Still in distress......

Attachments

• scrach.jpg
    scrach.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

AndrewIles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 55 AMG
I think this will polish out.

You may have to do it 2 or 3 times but you should be able to almost remove this completely.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think this will polish out.

You may have to do it 2 or 3 times but you should be able to almost remove this completely.

I think so too:D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies so far, as asked for I have included a pic and also the colour is Cubanite Silver. I don`t think I can fix this myself as I can`t paint a barn door at 50 paces :)) so a dude who can fix this would be good.

Yours Still in distress......

Here's what to do - purchase this product: - QUIXX Repair system (High Performance scratch remover) available through Ebay, Toys for Cars and a host of other outlets. Cost between £10 - £12 follow instructions and you should be A1 okay.:)

OP
P

parystec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all,

Thanks for the great advice. How do I get rid of the red arrow :))) LOL

Yours not so distresed

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all,

Thanks for the great advice. How do I get rid of the red arrow :))) LOL

Yours not so distresed

Just take a photo of the car, put the picture on photoshop and remove it, you could do the same with the sctach :shock:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom