spakplugs on w209

STEc74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My car SL 350 05,sons car CLK320,other cars BMW 318IS ,95, 1964 Chev Corvair Monza restoring.
HI,were going to change plugs on my sons CLK320 05 i`m wondering if there are any problems doing so before we start,2 plugs pr cylinder and 115 quid from MB i beleive,(not like the old days)
Any sugestions or info very welcome,thanks,Steve.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have done a write up in the DIY, its for the 113 but fine for the 112 as well

OP
STEc74

STEc74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My car SL 350 05,sons car CLK320,other cars BMW 318IS ,95, 1964 Chev Corvair Monza restoring.
Thanks malcolm will look it up,

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
HI,were going to change plugs on my sons CLK320 05 i`m wondering if there are any problems doing so before we start,2 plugs pr cylinder and 115 quid from MB i beleive,(not like the old days)
Any sugestions or info very welcome,thanks,Steve.

Dont' give MB £115 for spark plugs in a fancy box, get them from Eurocarparts online, free delivery, at half the cost.

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
I did plugs myself on my c320. I was advised by members how to do it with Malcolm diy. It took me about 3hours. I was doing it first time in such car and it wasn't too scary. Refer to Malcolm wires puller it makes job much much easier.

I bought bosch spark plugs from eurocarparts with forum discount. All £50.

OP
STEc74

STEc74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
changed plugs yesterday and finished just before dusk, took two hours to fit,
quite an easy job just take your time and make sure caps are pressed on tight,we found when doing the job that two caps were not pressed onto the old spark plugs which accouted for a ticking noise,it must have been arcing,no ticking noise now new plugs are fitted, plugs are NGK laser platnum
£75 of ebay, thanks all.....Steve.

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
Good to hear a good result. Well done.

SteveX

Reaction score
changed plugs yesterday and finished just before dusk, took two hours to fit,
quite an easy job just take your time and make sure caps are pressed on tight,we found when doing the job that two caps were not pressed onto the old spark plugs which accouted for a ticking noise,it must have been arcing,no ticking noise now new plugs are fitted, plugs are NGK laser platnum
£75 of ebay, thanks all.....Steve.

Good job :)

Took me a couple of hours on the 208's 320 lump.

I wish I had of ordered the proper plug spanner though instead of fighting with a normal 17mm spanner for a couple of hours. Which reminds me, must order one for next year when I change the 55's.

That's a bargain price for plugs too, I was in a rush for mine when I got them and ended up paying £128.00 at the local autofactors for the same plugs :(

Can't stress enough as well for others that ever search and find this thread that as you have said, make sure the boots 'snap' back on, I pressed them all on first as you normally do with normal plug boots thinking all was well. It was only when I got to the second side I realised one 'clipped' or snapped back on, then I had to go back and fight to get to all the others in their installed position to clip all of them back on!

Last edited:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom