Speed limiters mandatory from 2022 on new cars

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It's interesting really how politics touches all aspects of our lives from what we eat, breathe, drive, live in, health wealth, education the whole lot.

Still must not discuss it ???????????????????

That's not the elephant so much as the herd in the room.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It's interesting really how politics touches all aspects of our lives from what we eat, breathe, drive, live in, health wealth, education the whole lot.

Still must not discuss it ???????????????????

That's not the elephant so much as the herd in the room.
Discuss as much as you like…. Just not in this forum… ;)

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
We got vaccinated a lot quicker than the rest of Europe (and pretty much the rest of the world). Would never have happened as part of the EU (as their vaccination record proves) ......just saying

That’s true, would never have happened (@130k death tool and daily cases even now) …just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
That’s true, would never have happened (@130k death tool and daily cases even now) …just saying

Throwing numbers into the air is pointless. They are meaningless without measuring them against something relevant.

Check JVT’s comments last week.

Do you not feel that the UK has had a better vaccine roll-out then the EU or are you just anti?

Just saying. :p

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Throwing numbers into the air is pointless. They are meaningless without measuring them against something relevant.

Do you not feel that the UK has had a better vaccine roll-out then the EU or are you just anti?

I’m not anti and I’m not pro ! A+ for vaccine roll-out compared with other countries. Talking about throwing numbers…if makes you feel better to believe @130k is a real statistic…I’m really sorry but I don’t buy it ! Do to the nature of my job, I know for sure, in some point the guidelines being changed 16 times in 15 days ??!!!! …and many other small details. From my point of view, I prefer to stop here the debate.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles

Whilst it's true the UK got a jump on the rest of the world (not really due to the government/EU but mostly due to the fact all the best research in this area in the world is done in Cambridge), it's now not quite such a difference as many in UK believe. For example I'm 37 and get my second dose next week, and my region/city is slightly behind the national average for Spain. The main problems with vaccine rollout in countries like France is the distrust for them by the population and not a shortage of vaccines per se.

One thing I have realised is the wonders of having a non-populist government. First split the country into autonomous regions. Then 4x scientific indicators that are easy to understand and publicised weekly with targets and then every 2 weeks each region gradually increases or decreases restrictions according to whether the targets are numbers are suggesting the targets will be met or not. No meaningless promises for 3 months ahead, "target dates" that are not met, not cancellign christmas, cancelling it, massive u-turns. We've also had a consistent approach to border travel, the UK has changed it's over complicated and ridiculous "amber&green lists" and restrictions required 6 times since I've been looking at coming back (2 months) and it's still not clear.

As such, after the first harsh lockdown life has been relatively normal here (mask wearing aside) and limited to restrictions in hours in bars and inter-region travel rather than out and out and certainly not been under the restrictions the UK has. With slightly less deaths/capita than UK I'd say Spain and many countries have done a lot better than the UK in balancing deaths/economy/freedom. Not because of the EU of course, because actually national governments have really been running the show and even, after the initial EU disaster, their vaccine programs. It's almost like you can be in the EU and maintain national sovereignty ;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Whilst it's true the UK got a jump on the rest of the world (not really due to the government/EU but mostly due to the fact all the best research in this area in the world is done in Cambridge), it's now not quite such a difference as many in UK believe. For example I'm 37 and get my second dose next week, and my region/city is slightly behind the national average for Spain. The main problems with vaccine rollout in countries like France is the distrust for them by the population and not a shortage of vaccines per se.

One thing I have realised is the wonders of having a non-populist government. First split the country into autonomous regions. Then 4x scientific indicators that are easy to understand and publicised weekly with targets and then every 2 weeks each region gradually increases or decreases restrictions according to whether the targets are numbers are suggesting the targets will be met or not. No meaningless promises for 3 months ahead, "target dates" that are not met, not cancellign christmas, cancelling it, massive u-turns. We've also had a consistent approach to border travel, the UK has changed it's over complicated and ridiculous "amber&green lists" and restrictions required 6 times since I've been looking at coming back (2 months) and it's still not clear.

As such, after the first harsh lockdown life has been relatively normal here (mask wearing aside) and limited to restrictions in hours in bars and inter-region travel rather than out and out and certainly not been under the restrictions the UK has. With slightly less deaths/capita than UK I'd say Spain and many countries have done a lot better than the UK in balancing deaths/economy/freedom. Not because of the EU of course, because actually national governments have really been running the show and even, after the initial EU disaster, their vaccine programs. It's almost like you can be in the EU and maintain national sovereignty ;)
Free Catalonia!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
1) I was referring to the benefit of not being in the bureaucracy of the EU - I’m not getting involved in petty party politics. Tory haters will always find fault with the incumbent government no matter what they do.
2) The vunerable people of the UK that needed the vaccine most got it well ahead of the EU
3) We have friends and family living all over Europe and they were months behind us getting vaccinated and we also have friends in Israel who are way ahead.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Discuss as much as you like…. Just not in this forum… ;)
Is it political if you discuss how the hell does BJ’s missus let’s him in the bedroom. Or do they have a milkman.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Is it political if you discuss how the hell does BJ’s missus let’s him in the bedroom. Or do they have a milkman.
The responses could be…

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Speed limited aren't new, I've had one fitted to my car since 1981, it can be very annoying at times, a bit like being married :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Speed limited aren't new, I've had one fitted to my car since 1981, it can be very annoying at times, a bit like being married :D
I've had 2, had them both removed... :cool:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom