sprinter 4x4 vibration!

OP
paul67

paul67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercades sprinter 516 4x4 2012 lwb high top
TO CHECK THE REAR GEARBOX MOUNT, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT ON A LIFT WITH BRAKES ON AND LOAD THE SYSTEM THROUGH THE CLUTCH OR AUTO AND SEE HOW MUCH DEFLECTION YOU ARE GETTING UNDER LOAD. MOUNT NEEDS TO BE POSITIONED TO MINIMISE DEFLECTION FROM STRAIGHT AHEAD. SORRY ABOUT CAPS!!
Many thanks Oigle, I'm just about to call the garage now and I will ask them to check it like you have suggested. much appreciated as always.

OP
paul67

paul67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercades sprinter 516 4x4 2012 lwb high top
My Sprinter 4x4 vibration solved!!

After a few posts and many exelent pointers as to what could be causing my vibration between 2000-2800rpm and anyone of them could have caused the issue we finally solved the mystery, it was a bad injector causing an in balance on a cylinder under load!

checks done for anyone with same issue, engine mounts checked, gear box mounts checked, all drive and prop shafts checked for balance and alingment, transfer box checked, new clutch and duel mass fly wheel as the old unit had done 120,000m and was on it's way out.
We had diagnostics pluged in on the van and took it for a drive, it showed all ok and injectors seemed to be working as they should all in parameters.
we decided to bite the bullet and fit a full set of injectors and now case closed!

Again a big thanks to the forum for all the advice, and to my local Garage, all very much appreciated.

Ps..total cost for all work undertaken and cost of parts came to a total of £1500, not too bad considering clutch kit, injectors and three weeks in the garage.

Jez Camber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter van 2014 2.2 diesel
My Sprinter 4x4 vibration solved!!

After a few posts and many exelent pointers as to what could be causing my vibration between 2000-2800rpm and anyone of them could have caused the issue we finally solved the mystery, it was a bad injector causing an in balance on a cylinder under load!

checks done for anyone with same issue, engine mounts checked, gear box mounts checked, all drive and prop shafts checked for balance and alingment, transfer box checked, new clutch and duel mass fly wheel as the old unit had done 120,000m and was on it's way out.
We had diagnostics pluged in on the van and took it for a drive, it showed all ok and injectors seemed to be working as they should all in parameters.
we decided to bite the bullet and fit a full set of injectors and now case closed!

Again a big thanks to the forum for all the advice, and to my local Garage, all very much appreciated.

Ps..total cost for all work undertaken and cost of parts came to a total of £1500, not too bad considering clutch kit, injectors and three weeks in the garage.
Thanks for this. I have exact same problem, it kind of shudders under load / acceleration almost like a petrol vehicle with a dodgy coil pack or plug.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom