Sprinter fob key de-syncronised

manos313

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 313
:(
i am having a problem with my 313 Sprinter. The fob key looks like that has been de-synchronized with the vehicle as the visual LED and the IF are working (red LED turns ON when press any of the 3 keys and infra red can been seen on camera when any of the 3 keys are pressed) - does not lock/unlock the car or the steering wheel :-(
MB dealer tell me that "this failure" is not possible and they never had this problem before! They can not reprogram the KEY, and they want to replace the key ... for some fee!
i don't understand how this is happened, (de-synchronized) and what to do, apart from getting a new key from MB. Luckily my spare fob key is operational...anybody had this problem ?
I am having a 313 long base 2010 sprinter....
Thanks in advance manos

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Am i reading that right , its a 2010 model???

Thats covered under warranty!!

Welcome to the forums!!

OP
M

manos313

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 313
Thank you Sam (i assume that this is your name) for your quick reply, you are 100% right, but, what is the chance that this will this happen again? Will be Mb be able to diagnose the cause? (using a STAR tool? is that right).

manos

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I would be raising your voice at getting mercedes to replace it for free!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The key has lost its programming and this is not your fault,,had the key been dropped it would not affect it, stand your ground that it is faulty under guarantee

BarrW

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 311
This is a common fault on the earlier euro 5 spec 651 engine sprinter, it should be replaced under warranty, you will need to go to a dealership with ID and your V5, it takes 15 mins to test on Star Diag and then the key should arrive two days later

Top Bottom