Squeaky Window Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Hi , does anyone know how to cure squeaky window seals ? I have tried Teflon dry lube on the runners , no diference. What do you use to lube the seals that touch the window?

Thanks

OP
fuzzer

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
are you sure , its the rubber seals that run the length of the window and they rub on the window , will that not smear the window?

dave elcome

Reaction score
No it won't smear, and yes he is sure, WD40 is nothing short of a wonder product, in nearly 30 yrs experience, i've yet to find something on a car that it harms!!

dave elcome

Reaction score
No it won't smear, and yes he is sure, WD40 is nothing short of a wonder product, in nearly 30 yrs experience, i've yet to find something on a car that it harms!!

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
It is a bit of a wonder product i have to admit, where would we be without it?

If you do happen to get the odd smear it will only be in the corner of the window, and can be easily wiped off.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Dow Corning MS-4 Silicone compound?   Marvellous stuff, I'm in the Saturation diving industry and we use this silicone based compound on all our lip seals and o-rings on our castellated hatches to protect, pro-long, seal and prevent the rubber compound from brittleness ! I?ve used the product on all my Motors?s window rubbers to preserve and stop binding.          

white190

Reaction score
Website
hobbystage.net
Have to agree I use Dow Corning coatings at work and they're fabulous ,  If you get hold of some try this...

Clean your tyre side walls , let them dry , spray them with Dow Corning Silcone , let it dry......
result.... nice shiney black tyres that don't dull or go grey .....ever.....
It works , we used to do it when I worked for Ford....
cars can sit out side for months and still have tyres like new...

carfull though DON'T get it on your Brakes or on the tread of the tyre.... or you wont live another day...

Koolvin

Reaction score
Website
www.mbclub.co.uk
This is a common fault on W202 mercedes all years, although I have heard rumours they changed the rubbers after 1997/8 so dunno... I know you can get a felt fix for this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom