SRS lit up......marvellous

andy talbot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2012 2.1 estate
SRS is on I have read the thread on here quite a lot to go through any way had a go at it still on . Pulled seat out checked for continuity all ok removed seat cover had a look at seat sensor visually looks ok but that means nothing I know.
When I start the car air bag light in centre of dash comes on and goes out then SRS warning come on tried disconnecting battery for a bit still the same .
It had been parked all week at work when I came to start had no lights on dash no indicator lights worked, nothing it was blacker than a black hole but everything worked externally i.e. lights indicators all ok as I driving home and the car got warm everything came back to life, I just put it down to being damp and not in use (I had parked it, and a big puddle of water over the week had formed underneath it) and glow plug light stays on for a minute or so now and SRS is on now.
Any thoughts help or divine intervention would be appreciated
Cheers
Andy

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Air bag faults need the light/message resetting even when the fault is fixed. When I removed my seat to replace the battery, disconnecting a plug was enough to trigger the SRS which then needed resetting when rgged back in. My iCarsoft reset it.

OP
andy talbot

andy talbot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2012 2.1 estate
After a lot of investigation online I came to the conclusion that SRS was seat occupancy /child seat sensor was the culprit .
Which icarsoft do you have been looking at them and don't want one that just reads Mercedes Benz

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
After a lot of investigation online I came to the conclusion that SRS was seat occupancy /child seat sensor was the culprit .
Which icarsoft do you have been looking at them and don't want one that just reads Mercedes Benz

Mine is the Mercedes/Smart specific 980 (I have 2 Smarts too ;))

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

The non MB only iCarsoft readers only read a subset of the systems of the full MB only ones.

OP
andy talbot

andy talbot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2012 2.1 estate
Bought icarsoft plugged it in cleared all faults so far so good , give it a couple of days so how we go .
Only thing with the reader is in German hey ho muddled through, apparently there is a download for
English, so will get it on

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom