START ERROR Vito 108cdi

leemac360

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito108cdi 2001 2.2
hello everyone is there someone that can please help advise us on a problem with our van?
The air con wasn't working so i started checking the fuses i did have the ignition on not the engine whilst doing this, i had no idea which fuse was what so i checked all under the steering wheel and under the passenger seat all seemed ok. I then pulled stereo out and the air con switch was un-plugged which was strange as had been working fine and dont know how it came to be unplugged, anyway so i plugged it back it went to start the engine and got the START ERROR van wouldnt start but turned over the battery light stayed on.

Anyone know what could be wrong? We are in a very small town in australia which there is only 1 garage that say they have the merc diagnostics equipment but they said it couldnt read it or something. They are charging me $150/hour i dont really have much choice.

Please if anyone knows anything could it be something simple or is it always the ECU when this happens as i am reading alot of horror stories with this.

also the water pump is leaking which i have ordered a new 1 if that could have anything to do with it

Thanks
Lee

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom