ilikepatrick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180k 2004 1.8 w203
Hi there. I posted on this issue before but it seemed to resolve itself so stupidly forgot about it. But now it is back with a vengeance.

When I try to start my car (especially in the mornings or after a few hours of inactivity) I am not getting the "sound" when I put the fob in the ignition. After a few tries I will get the sound but nothing will happen to the engine when the fob turns. The electrics will come on but the car won't start. Then after a few more tries I may get the car to start without any of the instruments in the control panel or the electric windows,indicators or wipers working. (I have been told that this is limp mode).

Eventually it will start in normal mode and I can head to work. 9 times out of 10 however I will have the check engine light or the SRS light on.

It seems to be getting progressively worse, maybe with the onset of colder mornings?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Hi there. I posted on this issue before but it seemed to resolve itself so stupidly forgot about it. But now it is back with a vengeance.

When I try to start my car (especially in the mornings or after a few hours of inactivity) I am not getting the "sound" when I put the fob in the ignition. After a few tries I will get the sound but nothing will happen to the engine when the fob turns. The electrics will come on but the car won't start. Then after a few more tries I may get the car to start without any of the instruments in the control panel or the electric windows,indicators or wipers working. (I have been told that this is limp mode).

Eventually it will start in normal mode and I can head to work. 9 times out of 10 however I will have the check engine light or the SRS light on.

It seems to be getting progressively worse, maybe with the onset of colder mornings?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

I would get the codes read, but it sounds like an ignition switch problem; quite common on some of the 203s.

Ernie

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom