Steering wheel leather colour

SteveX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need to order up a leather repair kit for the steering wheel, but I can't seem to find anywhere a definitive answer on the colour.

Is there a sure fire and straight forward way of finding out the colour?

Thanks,

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
pm me your VIN and I'll see what I can find out..

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll grab the VIN later today and send it over :D

Bikesnoopy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 A210 Evo
Im not trying a "thread hyjack" here. . . but the cream inserts on the seats & the cream leather section on the steering wheel of my wife's A210 are absolutely filthy. The remaing parts are black leather.
Could leather dye be used to dye these cream bits black, like the rest of the seats & wheel?

Just thought i'd interject on this thread, rather than starting a new thread. . .:Oops:

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
I do believe if you clean and sand down the surface with 1500 then you remove the colourant, you can then re-dye and seal the leather.

I'm no expert though, some DIY jobs I have seen look terrible and others look superb, but yes it should be possible :)

tjamesbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 CLK430, 2007 VITO 3.0V6 , W124's (1994 320TE , 1993 220TE ) , 07 2.5 X-Type
I researched this as my 202's beige wheel is worn . Yes they can be done But a lot say it only lasts for about 6 months and obviously depends on usage .
I have not done anything yet as a result
More feedback welcome :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes modern paints have no strength compared to the cellulose that was used, one can clean the leather with soapy water, then with thinners, that will remove the grease and raise the grain, after applying the colour you could follow up with some clear coats, and that would protect it quite well.

Most cases of failure are due to poor cleaning off in the first place, the same on seats

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
PM sent, I touched up with a 'dark beige' coularant for now though and it still looks 100% better:)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom