[Wanted] Still wanted front wing W124 ..

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Still after a front drivers wing for Mercedes W124 . Original wing only no aftermarket . I have had new ones that are poor quality with no Mercedes Star stamp on them from Mercedes dealers i have had them ,,and sent them back with a note.So second hand is my only hope of replacing it . Good price for a good wing .So name your price .

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Really thought that i IMG-20180419-WA0032.jpg had found one yesterday these were the pictures .Seller said they were good original wings .
If these are good original i dont know what the bad ones are like .

malcolm210

Reaction score
Have you tried ECP the wing I sourced from there for my 210 fitted really well?

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Malcolm i did have a new one from Mercedes of Manchester and i just think they are all the same now cut down in quality .If you read my post about it it, it went back for a full refund . Quality was poor and nothing like my original wing i took off. The lip was non existent around the arch ,along with no star stamp .In the past i have had 2 other people come to my home with wings just like it . And you know as well as i do that all Mercedes parts will have a star stamp on them .This one did not and only a number 1 stamp . Now they could knock them up in china and stamp them with a number 1 or Romania - Poland . And they could give me no more proof of where they came from other than Germany. I have pictures of the wing before i sent it back if your interested .

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Thank you, may I see the wing, have bought two in the last two years from Mercedes no problem. Perhaps mine were old stock,need another, just about to order for one of our 124s off side front. I do not put the rubber seal on at front bottom of wing, as it seems to hold water for a long time. As a matter of fact I cut this bit of before I have it sprayed and fit it.

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Brian you can see in the picture 2 just how thin it is on the bottom .This is the location for the mudflaps and you can see there is no material in there to fit them by clamp or screws. I f you do get one please let me know what the quality is like .And also if you can see a star stamp on it .Maybe a picture as well if thats not to much to ask .

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Brian the part you remove holds the wing on if its removed how do you bolt it on ? By the way this wing is on Ebay and it was sent for me to purchase . But looking at it the bottom lip is rusty .And i am not having it now . Made up my mind ,yet once more, to try a new one from Mercedes .But i dont know what dealership to ask . I do know it wont be MB of NEWCASTLE this time . When do you expect to pick one up for yours . Could you send me a picture when you do .This rust dont look to bad but its started to work its way through from the back .It is a genuine wing on ebay right now s-l1600.jpg

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
I do not bolt bottom front wing, I cut it of where the holes for the rubber fit in, it is sturdy enough as it is.I pay a paint shop 100quid to spray the wing nice job.

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
I looked at that wing on E.Bay no good to me as I would have to drill holes for my plastic cover to fit. The rusty bit I cut of any way

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
So i am the search again . Never give up looking spend hours a day on ebay,. gumtree , preloved , along with other forums i am in . My plan to-day is a visit to a bodyshop to see if they could cut out the bad, and replace with new metal .

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Just been out to take pictures for a repair guy .But i think it really needs a new wing full stop .A lot of work cutting out and leting in new material .

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C55 (203), 220d (115), 200d (110)
I've never known Mercedes to pass of after-market at their own, why don't you try and get the Jackson's classic centre to send one up to your local dealer? I have a decent genuine o/s one here, but enevitably you will get some bits of corrosion on parts where the paint has come off, like the one you posted above, you just won't get around it, the very newest used ones are 22 years old now. Try the new route again from somewhere else, they must still have new genuines available

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Thought about that Rob but they wont order them in unless paid for .And i dont pay for another one i have not seen.
Did my friend Bruce ask you about a pass pump for his 4 matic i gave him your id ?
Rob come on mate those wings would charm a scrap bin ,but never a car .
I dont mind surface rust but not blister rash they have got. You would have to cut a yard and a half out of those pair above just to make 1/2 a good one .
I did not say Mercedes had passed off an after market wing . Bu the wing that i had , had no star stamp on it, to say that it was Mercedes proof of origin, or not, just a number1. I will try Jacksons .

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C55 (203), 220d (115), 200d (110)
Ah I thought you said you had bought new ones from Mercedes dealers that had no stamp? If you just mean peolepthat deal in Mercedes parts, then yea fair enough, but I would be extremely supprrised if a main dealer had those wings. If you haven't bought direct from the main dealer, do that, you won't have any problems with their origin

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Rob the wing came from Germany on special order .Funny that it only took 2 days , The company was Mercedes Benz Of Newcastle they have listings in their ebay shop .All packaging was genuine . I paid through paypal good job really , as i dont think i would have had my cash refunded ,.And now i am stuck .Been on here for 4 hours looking every place i can think of .,Now i have refrained to buying a new one, just as long as its got the merc stamp on .Mind you its getting close i just might get rid of it if i dont get this sorted now. Every time for the last three years i said to the local mot chap that the body work will be done asap .Its not that bad just me being picky

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Up date on front wing for the drivers side .
Went out to the car to day and made a start to removing the old wing . Got to come off first or last .
Passengers side was easy to get off ,the last time i replaced it . So i thought i would be the same . The drivers side is a another tale .
Bolt the goes from the side of the bumper to the cross member had lost half of its material [rust] .So the spanner would not fit . Made up my mind to grind it off, bad idea .It left the bolt stuck inside the bumper .
Only way to go now, is to remove the bumper to extract the broken 10mm bolt .
Took me 3 hours to sort it out ,but after i had removing the bumper it made the job so easy . And i greased all the nuts up like i do with all my jobs .I then know it will be easy to remove next time around .
Now i am no good for anything or anyone .Missed my meds and my diner . And i have to see my consultant to-morrow .He will be happy .

Save 30% on RAC Breakdown Cover
This year...next year... and every year you stay with RAC
Prices start from only £35.35*
This offer is available to all MERCEDES CLUB members and their immediate family**
Top Bottom