Stop/Start is now Stop/Stop

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Not really, it is there so that they meet the emissions requirements as part of the testing. But other manufacturers go through the same testing but allow the system to be set how the owner wishes across restarts. So is purely their decision at this point in time.
Ok, I didn’t know that. On Mrs L's Mini, it has to be switched off each time just like my Mercedes.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I've never driven a car with stop/start that by default is switched off. Maybe the earlier ones were?

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
My Audi S5 stop/start is setup so it remembers the last status it was in upon restarting the car. I tend to have it in the off position and the car remembers it was off, I can also configure the lit indication on the button to be either on or off dependant on status.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
My Audi S5 stop/start is setup so it remembers the last status it was in upon restarting the car. I tend to have it in the off position and the car remembers it was off, I can also configure the lit indication on the button to be either on or off dependant on status.
Yes but we all know what VAG policy (allegedly) is on emission rules and regulations!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Yes but we all know what VAG policy (allegedly) is on emission rules and regulations!
Sounds like they will struggling to meet the EU's new fleet emissions of 95g per kilometre by 2021, which is a big part of their market.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Not really, it is there so that they meet the emissions requirements as part of the testing. But other manufacturers go through the same testing but allow the system to be set how the owner wishes across restarts. So is purely their decision at this point in time.
Much like I have to have kph displayed instead of something useful !

Robuk22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c-class coupe 2012 1800 t
I've never driven a car with stop/start that by default is switched off. Maybe the earlier ones were?

Actually you can switch it off permanently, just disconnect the sensor on the negative post of the starter battery (2 small wires), I have been driving my C Class coupe 2012 CGI petrol with the sensor disconnected for the last 6 months, it has just past it`s MOT with sensor disconnected. there is no EML on dash, the stop/start symbol on dash stays yellow. the cars drives as normal other than you loose brake hold, for me the loss of brake hold was no issue. I also own a 2015 SLK, have disconnected sensor on that car.

Merc neg sensor.jpg

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom