Strange happenings with a prospective purchase !!

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I take it you got the insurance sorted ok?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
having cruise on the steering wheel only appears easier because you can see what your pressing , like you I have both stalk and steering wheel equipped cars and im certain once you get used to just the stalk set up you will realise how intuitive it is ;)

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
The seller hasn't marked the eBay listing as sold yet...
The car looks beautiful though.

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Hi RB. Having a little opportunity for getting my head around the system albeit I have used the cruise control on two separate occasions - one on the motorway through a 50mph section and the other in a notorious rural lane that has a strict 30mph section near to where I live;I do find it OK.

I suppose you're right, as far as I can remember having CC on anything other than Mercs was on Jeeps and Hondas, and those had a seperate switch to turn it on which I found awkward.

But seeing as I've had it mostly with Mercs I just find it very intuitive and simple to use - although I've never used the Limiter.

But like yourself I use it a lot where there are speed restrictions and Average Speed Cameras.

I hope you enjoy your new toy.... :cool:

If it is the smoke silver GK53 It looks awesome! But I couldn't help noticing that the Front Suspension looks a bit flat compared to the Rear....

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Agreed.... 100%!

I've always fancied an SLK, especially the older ones - but it would definitely have to be a 320... :D
280 / 300 is the way forward, you know it :rolleyes::D:p

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.
I take it you got the insurance sorted ok?

Hi Andy. Yes thank you. I ended up going with Tesco Bank;they were not the cheapest but they were in the first three of the quotes that did not have excessive additional costs for the likes of Legal Assistance and Protected No Claims;my brother is with them this year having been frightened near to death with an horrendous quote hike for another year with AVIVA I do believe.

The company that my 2001 BMW 330i Touring Automatic is with were really having a laugh and while they were on they gave me a renewal figure for the end of this month - they will not be getting that either.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Sign up to freemotorlegal. They're er... free so no need to pay over the odds on each policy.
Personally I don't bother with protected no claims - that's just another insurance scan as you'll still get a hike in premiums if you have an accident.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Sign up to freemotorlegal. They're er... free so no need to pay over the odds on each policy.
Personally I don't bother with protected no claims - that's just another insurance scan as you'll still get a hike in premiums if you have an accident.
I don't have either as neither worthwhile, legal you can get for free and the one that comes with your insurance works for them and not you. Their interests are always their priority (even though you paid them...)

Protected NCB is also a waste of money because if you're unfortunate enough to have a claim the premium still goes up...

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.

Hi LK. The protected No Claims allows 2 or 3 fault claims within three years before loosing any lives.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi LK. The protected No Claims allows 2 or 3 fault claims within three years before loosing any lives.
You keep the no claims however the price still goes up :( when you query it they say it would have gone up even more if you hadn’t had protected NCB...

You then go to another insurer who you say you have x years protected NCB and then have to tell them about the claim which puts the premium up :(

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I read an article on protecting NCB recently. A reason for why protecting your NCB was a good idea was demonstrated by an example of a policyholder having one accident with 5 years NCB which resulted in a premium increase of £160, if the NCB was protected then the premium increase was £50.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The seller hasn't marked the eBay listing as sold yet...
The car looks beautiful though.

Hi grayb. There is something not right with the E'bay advert. When I saw the original one the car was advertised for £1950.00 along with another SLK Auto at £1650.00 with the description for both cars as though one was copied and pasted.
I had gone expressly to view and test drive the one that I ended up buying but not at £1950.00.

The car was showing a small service was needed with a single spanner and 730 miles in the binnacle.
The original service port for refilling the Auto box after draining and filters/strainer replaced was still wholly intact and the car was showing just coming up to 60,000 miles.

I made an offer of £1600.00 which was not immediately accepted and I left the brothers thinking on it.
Just before I got back to the motorway I received a phone call saying that they would accept my offer and that I could make a single cash payment for the car upon collection.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom