Strange Noise C320 2003 v6 petrol

martinha

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 Avantgarde SE, 2003, V6 petrol
Hi all,

I need some help/advice please.

I have a 2003 UK C320 saloon which I have owned from new, its the V6 petrol engined car in Avantgarde SE spec.

Car has been fabulous to date but in the last month it has started making an intermittent clicking noise when I start the car. The noise seems to come from the centre of the dash and stops after about 30 secs to 1 min 30.

MB were unable to sort the problem in a service last week, said they couldnt hear it - odd as everyone else who has been in the car with me can !

An independant engineer who looks after my old TVR has heard it and says it could be related to air con or perhaps cd autochanger. Have tried emptying the autochanger and not having stereo on when start the car - no change.
When I turn off the heating system/air con before starting I still get the sound. Aircon has never been re-charged.

Basically I am stuck, fauly is annoying and I want to get it sorted...any help appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
it is most likely to be a climate control flap actuator that is clicking, a very common problem that Mercedes DO know all about!

as the noise is in the center of the dash it is likely to be a foot-well flap actuator. the actual broken part could be the actuator itself, or the arm connected to it. labour to replace just 1x foot-well flap actuator and/or control arm is around 2 hrs.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom