Strange rattle driver's side rear wheel W220 S320

nialler

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Bit of a strange one. A rattling noise at 1800rpm sounds a bit like a stone in a tin can, I think I've narrowed it down to a large metal plate covering something in front of the drivers side rear wheel, I'd nearly imagine it's an exhaust retainer come loose and the exhaust tapping the body, has anybody experienced this, is it merely a stone chip that's gotten stuck under the plate, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Niall

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
as above. either a cat rattling or could just be a tin heatshield loose either on the exhaust itself or between the exhaust and the floor

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
Thanks guys, hopefully it's just the plate come slightly loose, big payout if it is a cat that needs replacing.

N

Ram05

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 - S320
Thanks guys, hopefully it's just the plate come slightly loose, big payout if it is a cat that needs replacing.

N

I had the same issue for w220, required a new CAT (left nearside) and the part costed me 588.8 and was back ordered from Germany. Good Luck.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Hope it's not a cat, but if it is, try http://www.longlife.co.uk/ - cost me all of £180 (fitted) for one for my SL (stainless steel, lifetime guarantee) - don't go near the dealers !!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom